Vaping in the stand

donkey5150

Took this video of a spike I passed on Saturday morning. At the 3:15 mark I let out a big puff of a French vanilla mix.Then at the 3:25 or so mark I think the smell made it to him. Continued puffing away. Little guy stayed around for 30 minutes until he just walked away. Never spooked but sure was sniffing away. Don't know if it was ME or the vanilla vape, but it was cool to watch.

donkey5150

Vulcan Vape carries the Johnson Creek brand French Vanilla. Personally one of the best vanillas I have had. You can also order online from them.

BSK

Thanks donkey5150. I'll have to drop by their physical store. I don't like ordering flavors online I haven't personally tried yet. But I'm definitely looking for a good vanilla before MZ opens.

BSK

vonhogslayer said:
Just started ain't had a cigg in 6days !seem to b feeling better already...

Just wait. In a month, you absolutely won't believe how great you feel, how much energy you have, and how good everything tastes as your sense of smell will be back.

donkey5150

No problem BSK. Hope you like it, although taste is subjective. I just know how picky I am, especially with vanilla. And congrats and good job vonhogslayer. Those first day can be tough for some, because of all the coughing up ju k from cigs. But once the taste buds come back and the breathing recovers it is soooo worth it. And by no means am I an expert on the whole vaping thing but over the past year and a half I have hit the vaping forums and try to soak up what knowledge I can. (Kinda like I do here. I mostly lurk and not speak up.) It was just crazy that i has the young spike come in and got the vapor on camera while i filmed. Didnt know until i watched it back. But if anyone has any questions just hit me up!

vonhogslayer

Thanx it really hasn't been hard at all,and have smoked for thirty years I'm sold lol!i thought sumtin was wrong with my coffee,I just tasted it lol,pretty cool!I have a cheap one,vapor zone but it works pretty good but might have to upgrade......

BSK

bigrob said:
BSK. have you tried the vivi nova tanks. I love mine

I haven't tried the Viva Nova tanks, primarily because of their size. I don't want a big tank sitting at the end of a slim Ego Twist battery. I tried a Kanger Evod clearomizer, and love the airiness of the draw (and like the theory behind bottom-wick systems), but for me, their wicks produce an unpleasant plastic taste.

JCDEERMAN

So let me ask you all this, if you had $100 and could get one of these, which one would you get? I am a "go big or go home" kind of guy. i dont want a starter, nor a pro, but a good medium unit. i will probably be going by nashville vapor tomorrow after work to get one. which unit is a good medium that is adjustable and quite compact? id like it to be in the $40-70 range and then i will get whatever i need with it. I'm a starter here, so i will decide on flavor, but what "dosage of nicotine" do i need to start with?

i am very particular about this stuff.....meaning i want it to work the first time, or mentally, i wont want to use it ever again :D . seriously, i want something that is not too bold, but not light at all. i am sure the guys at the store can help, but just wanting yalls advise as well. thanks!

bigrob

bsk. try the protank it is a bottom fed tank with wonderful flavor and there is a mini vivi nova that is good small size. o and by the way try the black devil e-liquid it is wonderful

bigrob

jcdeerman. I would look at the ego twist 1100. I would go with the 16mg. I just started myself and went from smoking 3 packs a day to 2 cigs a day. hope this helps

TNDeerGuy

JCDEERMAN, I personally didn't like the Ego twist�only because both tanks ended up leaking on me. After talking to BSK, I switched over to the Evod and really like it�much better draw/vape. I haven't gotten the funny taste that BSK mentioned and it only comes apart at the bottom�unlike the Ego clearomizer which can/will come apart in three different locations. As bigrob recommended I would go with the Ego style battery, but give the Evod tank a serious look. Upgrade the batteries if possible to 1000mah.

TNDeerGuy

Another good vanilla I just found is one from www.myvaporstore.com and it is called killa vanilla�it doesn't taste purely like vanilla, but more like a waffle house waffle loaded with syrup with a vanilla kick to it. It's really good!

Had a spike and 8pointer come in, just about 10 yards out of my max range while I was puffing away Saturday morning. ;)

donkey5150

JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges. I agree with TNdeerman on the evods for a tank. I haven't had the taste issue BSK has had. They also have a Protank mini that is like the evod, but made from Pyrex, which would allow for vaping cinnamons and other juices that cause cracking in plastic tanks. As for dosage, it all depends on howuch you smoked, but I was a 2 1/2-3 pack a day and found I couldn't do the 24mg. I started with either a 12 or 18 depending on what I could find. Strength will vary person to person.

BSK

I would probably go with a pair of 1000 mah Ego Twist batteries. As for the clearomizer, that always ends up being personal preference. But I would probably go with what gets the most recommendations, like Vivi Nova (mini) or Kanger Evod. But the guys at Nashville Vapor have everything and will tell you what is getting the best reviews. However, I can just about guarantee that you will end up experimenting, just like everybody else does, and you will try two, three, four or more different clearomizers over time. And honestly, that's the only way to find what you like best.

Now per your original question, if I had $100 to spend, I would get the Innokin Itaste SVD with iClear30 clearomizer (6 wicks!). That thing is a MONSTER! Big J bought one and loves it. It uses replaceable rechargeable batteries up to 2250 mah, and has both adjustable wattage and voltage. The big downside is size. This would be my "home" unit and not considered a "travel" unit.

BSK

donkey5150 said:
JCdeerman, the ego twist battery is nice if you want to try variable voltage and is compact enough, but if you are only going to have one battery to use you could also go with the Ego C pass through. It allows you to have the ability to charge the battery via micro USB cable AND still be able to vape from it while it charges.

I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

BSK

I hate to do it, but for only $8-10 invested, I'm going to have to buy another Evod. Maybe the weird taste I experience that no one else does is from the unit I have. NOBODY else reports this weird taste, so maybe I just got a bad one. I sure LOVE the airiness and amount of vapor produced by the Evod. Much better than the type 2 clearomizers I use most.

donkey5150

BSK said:
I had one of those and it failed on me pretty quickly (the circuitry went out). I've found that the Ego knock-off batteries die much faster than true Ego products.

The knockoffs are definitely garbage. On a whim I bought one of these knockoffs they have at the twice daily markets. Won't charge or fire. And while I have gotten a bad EGO branded one, seems like all the cheap knockoffs have issues from the start. All that being said...when i constantly drop them out of pockets, cars, treestands...etc. I just go with what my wallet can handle. Still cheaper than smoking!

Latest posts