Do You Take Coffee to the Stand?

Bgoodman30

I know an older guy down the road who does nothing for cover scent, wears the oldest cheapest camo of anybody I know, smokes cigarettes like crazy before and during a hunt, constantly drinking coffee from a thermos yet every year I'm helping him drag deer out that he kills sitting on the ground against a tree. He don't even own a stand!
Well yes he does he smells like nasty cigarettes for his cover scent.

Bgoodman30

Sometimes when I'm in the box. Usually try to be done 30 mins before I walk in so I can pee before. Hate having the coffee pee urge in the stand. I'm not worried about the scent of coffee only the smell of my rear end and boots 🤔..

Dr2kill

I carry a thermos of boiling water and make instant coffee, hot chocolate, and to cook my freezed dried meals. I've killed numerous deer while having my morning cup, I don't worry about the scent, I've had deer come in when I'm at 15' for bow hunting, and at 30' for mz, and gun.

UTGrad

Just finished it off. Great investment

IMG_8531.jpeg

MUP

I'll take a thermos of coffee with me on cold days, but it stays in the truck until I get back. I also take an Imodium the night before opening morning. :) It's mostly about movement for me. I don't take anything to eat or drink to the stand with me.(stand, as in tree stand, not shooting house) If I can't make it a few hours without food to hunt then I have other issues. 😁

Last edited:

rsimms

Here is the resulting story. My thanks to UTGrad for one of the greatest deer hunting story quotes I've ever published! 🤣

Latest posts