When to get in your stand

JCDEERMAN

I used to get in waaay earlier than I do now. These days, I tiptoe into my stand sites and try to be settled in about fifteen minutes before shooting light. If I'm going to spend extra time on stand, I'll add that time in at the end of the morning hunt by staying an hour later and have shooting light, rather than get there an hour early.
Same here

iowavf

It's colder when i hunt since I don't bow hunt. I'll be in the blind at least 45 minutes before shooting light and 3 hours before last light light. My blind sets in the wide open along the timber edge in an alfalfa field. With the colder temps, the extra time getting into the blind in the mornings helps with getting the windows defrosted after the heater is on.

Zulu

In the morning it depends on what kind of stand I'm using ... if it's a ladder or tripod I try to get in 1/2 hour prior to shooting hours. If I'm using my climber I aim for an hour prior (I tend to be kind of noisy in the climber and want that extra 1/2 hour to give things time to settle down). If it's our one shooting house, any time before shooting light works. In the evenings, 2-3 hours prior to sunset regardless of the stand type.

dsa5455

Public land maybe an hour before daylight. Private land maybe 20 minutes before daylight. Light or windy mornings I find it enjoyable to slowly walk in after daybreak. But everything hinges how motivated I am that morning.

Latest posts