How to get out of stand when surrounded by feeding deer

tellico4x4

I have an animal sound app on phone. Coyote howl works good & something they are use to. Sometimes have to hit it 2-3 times before it'll clear deer off a plot. When I was experimenting with diff sounds I'd stay in stand after they run off just to see what happens. Usually they start filtering back in 5-10 minutes.

GRIT

I just turn my head and blow like a deer they will more than likely leave but wait until dark and come down and don't turn on a flashlight.

DeerCamp

Just what the title says, I frequently have good deer interactions at this one stand but the deer are often still feeding around after dark, how should I safely exit without blowing up the spot?
I think the main thing is to not let them see you climbing down. JMO.

Then just back out away from them. I've done this several times and I don't think they ever realized I was a human. Just something crunching leaves and walking. They usually go back to eating.

Dennis

In my experience the deer seem to react differently to things that happen after dark vs daylight. There's been a few times where I've climbed down from a tree stand after dark slowly and walked off while deer were close. If I had done that in broad daylight, I'm sure they would have busted out of there. I just try to go slow and not make a lot of noise after dark.

Snake

I've started talking
and answering myself in a different tone . More like a loud whisper were they can't hone in on my whereabouts. Usually they get uncomfortable and move . Once a buck bedded down out from me . In range of my bow but there was this cedar that had just fell since the last time I was there in between us . I thought I'll just wait him out because I was thinking he would head out to the fields in a little bit . We'll it was getting time close to checking out of the motel and my wife was there so I had to get him up some how . I looked in my fanny pack and started throwing things out from him hoping to get him to move my way for a shot . Threw my water bottle , he just look at it . Threw my batteries out of my flashlight , he just looked at them. Threw everything I could but he just kept laying there . Time to leave so I got desperate. Started trying to throw my voice beyond him . That made him uncomfortable so he got up , thought I might get a shot but he went back the way he came .

Latest posts