What weapons do you take on the hunt?

Knothead

I always carry a pistol. But it's not for dispatching a wounded animal. Not saying I wouldn't use it for that, but definitely wouldn't post that on here for people to lose their minds. It's for my own protection if needed.
1690721694816.jpeg

Openlake

Last year while bow hunting one evening I get a text saying they just had TWRA confirmed trail cam pics of a large black bear only a few hundred yards from my spot. I'm thinking it's hard to walk out in the dark with a flashlight and draw a bow at the same time. Sort of spooky. Carry a pistol now.

themanpcl

I've been going down the internet rabbit hole on hunting and there's so many different recommendations on what all you should bring weapon-wise. One person suggested just the hunting rifle and a pistol for quick dispatch if needed. Another suggested a rifle and a shotgun with buckshot. And yet other guy said he takes a long small bore rifle for the mark, a large bore SBR in case something comes after him like a bear, AND a pistol for quick dispatch (that seems a bit excessive to me).

As far as weapons go, what do y'all go out with and for what game?

I'm looking at building out an AR with a 20" .223 Wylde barrel and then just taking my EDC pistol.
Don't forget the machete

C1295

I have noticed a number of posts lately that seem to be information gathering. Now, am I sure they are nefarious individuals? No. Am I sure I'm not giving them anything they could use?... Could be....lol
I have noticed this as well. Pretty odd they pop on ask some questions and disappear

kaizen leader

I've been going down the internet rabbit hole on hunting and there's so many different recommendations on what all you should bring weapon-wise. One person suggested just the hunting rifle and a pistol for quick dispatch if needed. Another suggested a rifle and a shotgun with buckshot. And yet other guy said he takes a long small bore rifle for the mark, a large bore SBR in case something comes after him like a bear, AND a pistol for quick dispatch (that seems a bit excessive to me).

As far as weapons go, what do y'all go out with and for what game?

I'm looking at building out an AR with a 20" .223 Wylde barrel and then just taking my EDC pistol.
You need a mentor. You are over complicating it. It all depends on the season and the surrounding area. You don't need expensive stuff to start with either. JMO. Good luck

C1295

You need a mentor. You are over complicating it. It all depends on the season and the surrounding area. You don't need expensive stuff to start with either. JMO. Good luck
He is gone, he isn't on here anymore. Either a scammer or didn't like it here.