Would you take the shot?

Snake

I'd like to know how many eat deer ribs ? I've tried to cook them so many ways that you could cook them but they are trash . Shoot em right behind the shoulder ! Oh now that I think back on it I did shoot a five point once in the head . He was running a doe and I shot at him running wide open. In mid stride he hit a tree , popped one of his antlers off . Mistake my gun was shooting two inches wide left and three inches high . I hunted Tellico opening morning and fell busted my stock but didn't know that it had also knocked my sight off. That ole five point was messed up couldn't drag him by his other antler it just was as loose as the other that fell off it was just still attached. Thing was had shot my biggest buck with my gun off as well he was just about a five yard shot 😉 Lord smiled on ole Snake that time .

Jon54

Here's the scenario. You're in a ground blind with a .30-06 staring head-on into the eyes of a doe about 40 yards away. Your shot options are front center chest or a head shot. Assuming you can't pull off a shot as she's turning, what do you do? Deal with the consequences of a cheat shot, attempt a head shot, or let her move on?
My best buck to date is a 145" 8pt that was about 150 yards away, facing me. I had one shot, square into his front, which I took. I was shooting a 7 mag. Bullet was found under the fur on his hind qtr. he ran maybe 5 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts