Vaping in the stand

BSK

MattR said:
where is Bsk?? lol

Still moving stands!

I haven't decided what flavor I will vape while hunting. I would love to find a good vanilla, but haven't found one I like yet. I may vape banana nut-bread or perhaps hazelnut.

BSK

JeepKuntry said:
What do you guys buy and use for ecigs? I've bought a couple different brands and it hasn't curbed the cravings. Generally I don't smoke when I bowhunt. Not to say I haven't but I try to avoid it if possible. I've killed some deer smoking or within minutes of putting one out. I bring an extra container for the ashes and butts.

Forget e-cigs. They won't curb your craving. Look into vaporizers (PV = Personal Vaporizer). They work great. I've been a smoker for 25 years, and tried absolutely everything. Nothing worked until I found vaporizers. Given free choice with no ramifications, I would choose vaping over smoking absolutely every time. And with vaping, you can control the nicotine content. I'm just about to step down to half the nicotine level I first started with 5 months ago. I hope to be nicotine free within a year.

BSK

Mudbone said:
There is a good vanilla At Vulcan vape on west end. I liked it. The hazelnut from nashville vapor is my current favorite.

Hazelnut and Enter the Dragon (from Nashville Vapor) are my two go-to flavors right now. Banana nut-breed is also on the list. I haven't been to Vulcan. I'll have to stop by.

donkey5150

BSK you really should try Vulcan. While I like Nashville Vapor, their markup on products is high. Vulcan is one of the few vape stores that I have found to be reasonable compared to buy of the internet. They also have a very good selection of flavors. The staff there is also very helpful as well.

BSK

donkey5150 said:
BSK you really should try Vulcan. While I like Nashville Vapor, their markup on products is high. Vulcan is one of the few vape stores that I have found to be reasonable compared to buy of the internet. They also have a very good selection of flavors. The staff there is also very helpful as well.

When I checked their website, their prices were higher than Nashville Vapor. But I'll check again.

donkey5150

Not sure about online, but in store they were the cheapest for most of the items I have found. Especially for the ego style batteries and particularly the bigger mod like the Vamo.

BSK

I'll check them out. Besides, I'm always looking for a larger selection of e-liquid flavors. I still need a good vanilla.

BSK

Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.

JCDEERMAN

So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

bigtex

BSK said:
Does anyone use a Kangor Evod clearomizer? I kept hearing rave reviews of them, but I bought one and hate the taste of whatever synthetic wick material they use. The draw off the Evod is definitely much airier than other clearomizers, it produces great vapor, and I like the bottom wick design, but dang I hate the taste produced. It tastes really synthetic or "plasticy". So far, I haven't found anything I like better than the old standard T2 clearomizers, even with their top-wick design.
Not tried the Evod but I do use the KangerTech T3S it is a "bottom feeder" and has a replaceable post. So far these are my favorites. They usually last for more than a month then start loosing their ability to produce very much vapor. Just replace the post and they are as good as new. Also pretty inexpensive.

donkey5150

BSK said:

Haven't really had problems with the evods (pretty much all I use) but I will say if you don't care for them to definitely stay away from the protank. The coils in those are the same style as the evod and actually have a mor airy draw to them. I think I clear has a bottom coil but haven't tried them personally. There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

donkey5150

JCDEERMAN said:
So how do these things work? From what I am gathering, you put liquid favors into the vaporizer and then that's it? Or am I totally off? What's a good brand / model of these vaporizers that isn't too bad on cost?

You basically have a battery and a tank for the ejuice. Fill the tank, screw it on the battery and hit the button while you draw on it. If I was starting over again I would buy an ego twist(variable voltage) with any of the kanger brand tanks. They are busy not bad on the wallet...just stay away from some of the mall kiosks. Some of them want 4 times as much as what you can get one at a good vape shop. And all the shops are usually very helpful in getting you what will work for you as well as sampling different juices

Buccaneer

I've killed deer directly under my stand eating wads of Red Man chewing tobacco that I had spit out the day before. The varmints will eat anything or come to anything particularly if it has a sweet scent.

Mudbone

JCDEERMAN said:
get the innokin startup kit at nashville vapor. It is 60$ you get two batteries a charger and five tanks.

BSK

donkey5150 said:
There are some great tutorials on YouTube for replacing the wick in the evod as well. Its not extremely difficult. Just a little tedious.

I've replaced the coil in my Evod twice and still have the plastic taste, but I've not tried modding it myself to a different wick material. I change coils so often (every two weeks) that I would hate to have to replace the wick material by hand each time.

BSK

JCDEERMAN said:

Think of a vaporizer as an e-cigarette that actually works! For an e-cigarette to fulfill its purpose, it must adequately simulate the experience of smoking. E-cigs, like Blu or others, sold at Walgreens or other retail places, don't properly simulate smoking enough to make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers do make a permanent transition easy. Vaporizers are basically much more powerful and efficient e-cigarettes. They are also MUCH less expensive than retail e-cigarettes.

E-cigarettes have a small rechargeable battery and a small container--called a cartomizer--that holds the nicotine liquid (and flavoring) as well as a small electric coil. When the battery is turned on (by either pushing a button or by drawing air through the cartomizer), the tiny coil heats up and vaporizes the liquid nicotine, which you breath in as a vapor. The problem with retail e-cigarettes is the low voltage and lifespan of the rechargeable battery, the poor quality of the electric coil, and the limited amount of liquid nicotine stored in the cartomizer (which are thrown away when empty). Having to buy all those throw-away cartomizers gets expensive. Plus the limited amount of vapor produced doesn't provide a sensation close enough to smoking to make giving up smoking easy. Vaporizers have much more powerful batteries, the heater coils are of higher quality, the cartomizers/clearomizers are refillable, the nicotine liquids are of higher quality (and much cheaper), and the sensation produced is far closer to smoking. Plus, the flavors available for the nicotine liquids (e-liquids) are so good that most people who try vaping find that they didn't like the taste of a cigarette as much as they thought they did. Smokers only like the taste of a cigarette because they associate that taste with the nicotine they crave. Give the same nicotine rush with a truly pleasant taste and they find out real fast that cigarettes actually taste pretty awful.

Latest posts