Stranger in my stand on private land

Lone Hunter

Land is posted.
I would remove him and politely request that he refrain from returning.
I would still have a report from the sheriff and or game warden so you have a paper trail so to speak. So people don't understand kindness and will show back up as soon as you turn your back. To me it takes big gonads to trespass then sit in another man's stand knowing none of its his. Would take pictures for sure to. You have to make believers out of some people. One way to do that is get into their pockets. Most folks understand that.

JCDEERMAN

On the property you own? No question about it. It would be face to face if it were me. "Get off my lawn". I would record it for documenting a reference. But if you're on my private property, you're getting off, no matter the means and his/her well-being

readonly

I had this situation two years ago. Except he was in a climber about 20 yards from my stand. I let him know I wasn't happy and walked him off the property. He gave me is name and apologized. He did lie saying it was a one time thing. I pointed out how chewed up the bark on the tree was.
I put a charge on him for hunting without permission. When we got to court I told him I would agree to under advisement for 6 months, stay off my property and pay court costs, 10 hours of community service and it can be dismissed. He was agreeable to it and the Judge accepted it. Haven't seen him again.
If you let a trespasser go it is an open invitation to trespass on your property.
I have prosecuted several over the years, some of whom were very bad people and not trespassing to hunt but to do far worse things.

Latest posts