Private Deer Depredation Permit Meeting

pockets

lucious lyon wtf GIF

kentuckylakebuck1

A private meeting but your commissioner invited you? Well what was so important in the meeting than?
they were questioning the feelings of both sides of the depredation permits, trying to get a better understanding between the two sides, I got invited because of my comments on the new proposed coyote night hunting being limited to shotguns only, I asked my commissioner why the farmers could shoot high powered rifles with a truck and a spot light all summer but the license buyers of the state were limited to shotguns for coyotes? so he invited me to this meeting.

Hawk103161

I was invited by my twra commissioner, and I'd say I do have a stake in it, I I have a 240 a. farm in weakly co. so why are you mad that I called out the twra for holding a PRIVATE meeting that should always be public?
Did you turn down the invite since you know it's against "Reg's" to hold private meetings. If it was "Private" and you were invited are you saying that you are part of "That Group"? I'm thinking it might have been a Weakly County thing.

Hawk103161

they were questioning the feelings of both sides of the depredation permits, trying to get a better understanding between the two sides, I got invited because of my comments on the new proposed coyote night hunting being limited to shotguns only, I asked my commissioner why the farmers could shoot high powered rifles with a truck and a spot light all summer but the license buyers of the state were limited to shotguns for coyotes? so he invited me to this meeting.
Both sides doesn't seem very private. I could see if it was just 1 side but your saying both sides were represented in Weakly County.

gladesman60

dude I simply wanted to know what the publics feelings were on twra holding private meetings on public matters,ITS WRONG!! so if you don't agree with me posting this please delete it or move along!
It is wrong! Cannot imagine why it was not open to the public. Public government meetings in my experience are hardly ever well attended much less SRO.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I bet this is what they would call a focus group, to study the issue before they have a public open meeting about it. Not saying that I agree with it not being advertised and available for the general public to attend, but this is one work around to something that should be affected by the sunshine law, especially if a majority of the commission were in attendance. If it were only TWRA personnel and a few citizens that were invited to discuss the issue(with the intent to make a recommendation to the commission later), then I doubt the sunshine law would apply.

kentuckylakebuck1

I bet this is what they would call a focus group, to study the issue before they have a public open meeting about it. Not saying that I agree with it not being advertised and available for the general public to attend, but this is one work around to something that should be affected by the sunshine law, especially if a majority of the commission were in attendance. If it were only TWRA personnel and a few citizens that were invited to discuss the issue(with the intent to make a recommendation to the commission later), then I doubt the sunshine law would apply.
it was 5-6 on each side of the matter, there were two commissioners, two wardens, three twra emloyees including the executive director, so pretty private in my opinion

mike243

So you think they will set the rules due to a small gathering? I would vote against nighttime hunting in any form without a permit.

backyardtndeer

Nice to know we are being represented in such matters, but at least you were invited..... Did they actually take your input? I would hope that they would have an open meeting before making regulation changes.

kentuckylakebuck1

Nice to know we are being represented in such matters, but at least you were invited..... Did they actually take your input? I would hope that they would have an open meeting before making regulation changes.
I would say they seemed to try to take up for the farmers, gave us a graph from the last five years of harvest data. I told them to look at a 15 year graph of the harvest records, they didn't seem to want to talk about that though! I don't figure anything will change other than regs that say kill MORE!

Latest posts