TWRA meeting today

Flintlocksforme

Anyone watch the meeting today? Noone mentioned straight wall cartridges during muzzleloader season. or a break in the rifle season, did look like the 3 bucks limit in CWD is toast and the Centerfire rifles won't be coming out until rifle opening day like the rest of the state. 50 permits at PI. May have done away the Milan hunt, they moved over that part kinda quickly. I need to rewatch the meeting, I might not be remembering correctly. Oh well CWD still has earn a buck I think. Jakes are bearded turkeys again, 3 bird limit.

Flintlocksforme

Attachments

• IMG_6991.jpeg
    IMG_6991.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 15

Flintlocksforme

This stat is everything you need to know about serious turkey hunters. 75% won't tag out regardless of what the limit is. Keeps the reported harvest about the same.

Attachments

• IMG_6990.jpeg
    IMG_6990.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 11

Flintlocksforme

Here's the deer information. I hate it for the CWD area hunters. They said it was too complicated before. 17 counties still have earn a buck. I hoped it would be that way in the whole western unit.

Attachments

• IMG_6989.jpeg
    IMG_6989.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 8

Huntaholic

SO.................................. reading the top of that turkey map posted, it says March of 2024, does that mean the season is going to open earlier THIS YEAR than my TWRA calendar shows? Does that mean the limit THIS SPRING is now THREE birds? Im confused!

Flintlocksforme

Me too. This was at the end of the presentation. It looks like they are still taking comments. I don't see how it could apply to this years turkey season. Deer yes. Fall turkey is 1 period. It was open to 1 per county before, always thought that was confusing.

Attachments

• IMG_6993.jpeg
    IMG_6993.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 9

Jcalder

The spring turkey season has already been set, according to the twra. It's set when the fall deer seasons are set during the summer, before the hunting mag is sent out in July. I'd guess their dates are wrong

Flintlocksforme

2 does with a rifle is gonna be hell on the herd in East Tennessee
What happened to the deer over there. My sister lives in Hawkins County. It used to be top notch for turkey and plenty of deer. I saw a proposed 2 day bear hunt in Hawkins and Hancock with gun, no hounds.

Latest posts