How does a depredation tag bypass ALL TWRA Regulation and state laws?

DaveTN

No ticket , now warning just packed up and left.
My understanding of this situation is this , He and others like him are being sponsored by auto insurance carriers. That is why law enforcement looks the other way. Even then it don't make it right. I have seen people ticketed for corn on adjoining properties , they had no clue of . Still had to appear in court and were fined.
I doubt very much TWRA really cares what the insurance companies think, but I guess anything is possible. I also find it hard to believe they aren't interested in someone shining deer and hunting from the road on other people's property at night. I can however understand that the Sheriff's department wouldn't do anything more than refer this to TWRA.

Antler Daddy

No ticket , now warning just packed up and left.
My understanding of this situation is this , He and others like him are being sponsored by auto insurance carriers. That is why law enforcement looks the other way. Even then it don't make it right. I have seen people ticketed for corn on adjoining properties , they had no clue of . Still had to appear in court and were fined.
Sponsored by auto insurance carriers? 🍿

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
If I could remember anything anymore I would bet you a doughnut I know who you are talking about.
Just can't remember his name.
Does he farm some around Latham?

rem270

If you're around Greenfield then I know who you're talking about. A guy I work with owns 2 properties there and the farmer that farms his ground was riding around shooting them. But with a .22 and not night vision. He tried to explain to him he couldn't shoot off the road but don't think he cared. If enough people called in on him twra would get involved. If they don't know then they can't do anything about it.

kentuckylakebuck1

i had a twra officer tell me several years ago, that twra receives a large amount of money from various insurance companies to write depredation permits and have liberal limits during deer seasons to decrease the deer numbers! i had an issue this past summer where the farmer across the road was gut shooting deer and they were running onto my property and dying, i had to remove the deer so i could bushhog. i called the weakly co. sheriff to ask where the farmers rights end and where my rights begins, he told me that he couldnt do anything about the situation and i needed to contact the twra. so i called 14 different twra numbers with no answer so i contacted Jason Maxedon, then i had two officers show up at the property a week later and was very wishy washy and was asking how i knew the were shot and didnt died with cwd! i replied with, if you cant see the bullet holes, you need glasses. and they left! i never heard another word from twra again, so NOTHING was done! these depredation permits are wrong in every sense of the word! twra needs to be abolished and reformed under total different management practices! todays twra is nothing short of crooks and theives, they are out to write petty tickets to misdemeanor violations when they ( TWRA) are the biggest threat to our management and wildlife herds!

PollackInWTN

I doubt very much TWRA really cares what the insurance companies think, but I guess anything is possible. I also find it hard to believe they aren't interested in someone shining deer and hunting from the road on other people's property at night. I can however understand that the Sheriff's department wouldn't do anything more than refer this to TWRA.
Not spotlighting , night vision scope.

PollackInWTN

i had a twra officer tell me several years ago, that twra receives a large amount of money from various insurance companies to write depredation permits and have liberal limits during deer seasons to decrease the deer numbers! i had an issue this past summer where the farmer across the road was gut shooting deer and they were running onto my property and dying, i had to remove the deer so i could bushhog. i called the weakly co. sheriff to ask where the farmers rights end and where my rights begins, he told me that he couldnt do anything about the situation and i needed to contact the twra. so i called 14 different twra numbers with no answer so i contacted Jason Maxedon, then i had two officers show up at the property a week later and was very wishy washy and was asking how i knew the were shot and didnt died with cwd! i replied with, if you cant see the bullet holes, you need glasses. and they left! i never heard another word from twra again, so NOTHING was done! these depredation permits are wrong in every sense of the word! twra needs to be abolished and reformed under total different management practices! todays twra is nothing short of crooks and theives, they are out to write petty tickets to misdemeanor violations when they ( TWRA) are the biggest threat to our management and wildlife herds!
This sounds a whole lot like what I have heard and have been told concerning this situation.

PollackInWTN

If you're around Greenfield then I know who you're talking about. A guy I work with owns 2 properties there and the farmer that farms his ground was riding around shooting them. But with a .22 and not night vision. He tried to explain to him he couldn't shoot off the road but don't think he cared. If enough people called in on him twra would get involved. If they don't know then they can't do anything about it.
This guy is using a suppressed AR with night vision from a 4 seat UTV.

PollackInWTN

If I could remember anything anymore I would bet you a doughnut I know who you are talking about.
Just can't remember his name.
Does he farm some around Latham?
This is around Gleason , Pillowville , and Greenfield area. UTV , night vision scope , suppressed AR. At least one call to WCSD , they responded and just left.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Serious question here.
Have you left a message for the Weakley County TWRA officer?
I have learned through the years that many law enforcement officers have "their thing". With some it is seat belts, with some it is brake lights etc. That way when they pull 100 people over for that and issue warning tickets when they pull number 101 over and they have 25 pounds of meth in the car the judge will say, how many people have you pulled over for seat belts? 100 sir and issued 100 warnings.
Then the meth is more likely to be admissible in court.

I say all that to say this.
I have "heard" the new officer in Weakley County's "thing" is spotlighters.
Just sayin'

PollackInWTN

Serious question here.
Have you left a message for the Weakley County TWRA officer?
I have learned through the years that many law enforcement officers have "their thing". With some it is seat belts, with some it is brake lights etc. That way when they pull 100 people over for that and issue warning tickets when they pull number 101 over and they have 25 pounds of meth in the car the judge will say, how many people have you pulled over for seat belts? 100 sir and issued 100 warnings.
Then the meth is more likely to be admissible in court.

I say all that to say this.
I have "heard" the new officer in Weakley County's "thing" is spotlighters.
Just sayin'
Yes , County , district , and multiple State offices.

Latest posts