How does a depredation tag bypass ALL TWRA Regulation and state laws?

PollackInWTN

I live in Weakley County, I have , recently, became aware of 1 individual who claims his " depredation " tag allows him to "hunt" from a vehicle with a suppressed rifle with night vision from the road . Not confined to any single property. Heclaims to have killed 90 deer in one night from the road way. As I understand it , the sheriff's department was called and they refused to press the matter. Can anyone please help this makes sense?

44 mag

I can be very wrong but I do not think much of any of that is correct. The way I understand depredation permits is that they are property specific. And you still cannot shoot from any public roadway.

I don't know anything about hunting at night. The use of a suppressor is perfectly legal even during normal hunting seasons.

PollackInWTN

I can be very wrong but I do not think much of any of that is correct. The way I understand depredation permits is that they are property specific. And you still cannot shoot from any public roadway.

I don't know anything about hunting at night. The use of a suppressor is perfectly legal even during normal hunting seasons.
Suppressor, yes. Night vision from the roadway on private property not so much.

PollackInWTN

I live in Weakley County, I have , recently, became aware of 1 individual who claims his " depredation " tag allows him to "hunt" from a vehicle with a suppressed rifle with night vision from the road . Not confined to any single property. Heclaims to have killed 90 deer in one night from the road way. As I understand it , the sheriff's department was called and they refused to press the matter. Can anyone please help this makes sense?
I understand nuisance tags for farmers. I understand depredation tags for predators. I don't understand how either , or , allows for complete disregard to all hunting regulations.

redblood

home boy does meth for breakfast if thinks that is legal

DaveTN

He is convinced he has the States permission
He may believe that. If they write him a ticket he can have that conversation with the Judge.

If you have reached out to 3 TWRA offices in Jackson, Memphis and Nashville and they don't understand what you are saying, I would only ask if you were speaking English? Because I think all of us here are clear on what you are saying, whether we know the law or not.

PollackInWTN

He may believe that. If they write him a ticket he can have that conversation with the Judge.

If you have reached out to 3 TWRA offices in Jackson, Memphis and Nashville and they don't understand what you are saying, I would only ask if you were speaking English? Because I think all of us here are clear on what you are saying, whether we know the law or not.
No ticket , now warning just packed up and left.
My understanding of this situation is this , He and others like him are being sponsored by auto insurance carriers. That is why law enforcement looks the other way. Even then it don't make it right. I have seen people ticketed for corn on adjoining properties , they had no clue of . Still had to appear in court and were fined.

Latest posts