Vaping in the stand

bguy

also wanted to let you all know i have been trying alot of the different liquids and the one i like the best is what they call cowboy up here and there is also another that goes by RY-4...its like a maple flavor...i actually mix them together to give me the cig taste and top it off with tha maple to make it smell like pancake syrup...the wife and kids love it and tell me to smoke it in tha house because it makes the house smell good!!!! BSK i also bought a pro tank the other day and tried it out..actually have tried it some for 3 days and it tates really bad...tastes like something is getting hot and smoldering...didnt like it all...guess that was 24.00 bucks wasted...so far my best set up is just been the uno vapor 600 or 1100 batteries and the clear plastic tanks...only been through 2 wicks in a month and wonder what do you guys use to clean your wicks???

vonhogslayer

Hey bguy gimme a holler tomm. at my vape shop 615-266-2791 and I can try to help u with the pro tank I have two and they work good
! Ill help u out

LIL JOKER

Me and a buddy was going to open one in springfield but backed out ..they are starting to pop up ..the store down from my house sells the liquid and the 30.00 inno...I past by a empty stand at the mall today and thought that would be a good place to put one...iin this bussiness u mark it up and get what u can fast cause before long it will be everywhere ...

BSK

LIL JOKER said:
Me and a buddy was going to open one in springfield but backed out ..they are starting to pop up ..the store down from my house sells the liquid and the 30.00 inno...I past by a empty stand at the mall today and thought that would be a good place to put one...iin this bussiness u mark it up and get what u can fast cause before long it will be everywhere ...

I hear there is a vapor shop on the square in Waverly now. They're definitely popping up everywhere. But then, it's hard to keep a good product away from those who want it.

BSK

bguy said:
BSK i also bought a pro tank the other day and tried it out..actually have tried it some for 3 days and it tates really bad...tastes like something is getting hot and smoldering...didnt like it all...guess that was 24.00 bucks wasted...so far my best set up is just been the uno vapor 600 or 1100 batteries and the clear plastic tanks...only been through 2 wicks in a month and wonder what do you guys use to clean your wicks???

The problem could be the fact Pro Tanks are bottom wick systems, or the problem could be too much voltage. Some people, like myself, don't like the taste bottom wick tanks produce. We think they produce a "plasticy" taste. Only a minority of people feel this way, as bottom wicks are the most popular systems. But for those who don't like the taste of bottom wicks, top wick systems using cotton wicks are the only way to go. And of those, iClear makes the best ones.

Or you really could be burning your coils. If that is the case, and you have a variable voltage battery, turn the voltage down. If you do not have variable voltage battery, buy higher resistance (more ohms) coils. Higher resistance coils don't get as hot at the same voltage as low resistance coils.

MMHunter

Alright I've heard enough. I'm gonna just have to try and make the switch. But, I know nothing about which one would be good. I've heard so much about it being cheaper, better for you, and a good way to quit. So, if someone could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MattR

MMHunter said:
Alright I've heard enough. I'm gonna just have to try and make the switch. But, I know nothing about which one would be good. I've heard so much about it being cheaper, better for you, and a good way to quit. So, if someone could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Get you a starter kit like this

http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Star ... r-Kit.html

If you have a vapor store close to you, I would recommend going there to try flavors, and maybe even decide on a kit. But if you dont have a store, you can always shop for the e liquids online but you dont have the benefit of trying them out first. You can find the starter kits similar to the one I showed you for cheaper but you have to do a little searching online. I got the starter kit from Nashville Vapor and I like it pretty good

vonhogslayer

I'll b at my shop at ten if u wanna gimme a holler and I can steer u in the right direction,and help u find a Good shop close to you,spend a little more and get something good to start and u will have a lot better experience!and just remember our taste are different so what I likemight be different than you,especially with juice flavor,shop # is a couple of post up!

BSK

MMHunter said:

MMHunter,

What you need are three things: 1) a battery (and charger); 2) a tank; and 3) e-liquid.

Battery systems are rated in milliAmp hours (mAh), which is just an expression of how much capacity a battery has. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery lasts before requiring recharging. I would look for batteries of 900 mAh or higher. One major upgrade in battery systems that I HIGHLY recommend is Variable Voltage (VV). Variable Voltage batteries allow you to adjust the voltage output of the battery, which will increase/decrease the temperature of the vaporizing coil in the e-liquid tank (producing more/less vapor as well as more/less chance of burning the coil itself [important in taste and coil longevity]).

Two good variable voltage batteries are the Ego Twist and Vision Spinner.

Ego Twist:
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/eGo- ... Twist.html

Vision Spinner:
http://shop.vaporcom.com/Vision-Spinner-1300-B004.htm

Of course, you will need a charger for the batteries. I would recommend a USB charger and a wall charger. I also have a car charger, which can be helpful if you spend a lot of time behind the wheel.

As for clearomizers/tanks, I would try both a cheap top-wick and bottom-wick system to see which you like best. The best CHEAP tanks in each of those categories is the Kanger Evod (bottom-wick) and the iClear 16 (top-wick).

Kanger Evod:
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Cart ... /Evod.html

iClear 16
http://www.nashvillevapor.com/site/Cart ... ar-16.html

E-liquids really need to be tried in person. I would start with 18 mg nicotine (1.8% nicotine) and adjust from there either higher (24 mg) or lower (12 mg).

vonhogslayer

Sounds like ur gettin it figured out Matt there is A LOT to learn ...like anytanngg I'm tryin to be as educated as I can and learning new stuff everyday there is A LOT of variables in the vapin world lol,don't rule out cartomizer tanks many folks farvor those,and they r easypeasy!

BSK

vonhogslayer said:
...don't rule out cartomizer tanks many folks farvor those,and they r easypeasy!

I certainly don't rule out cartomizers, as some users prefer them. But they make up only a tiny percentage of the market. Talking to owners of several shops, they say they sell very few cartomizers.

MMHunter

Much Appreciated BSK? Monday I'm am going stop in one of the Bellevue shop and see what they offer.

BSK

MMHunter said:
Much Appreciated BSK? Monday I'm am going stop in one of the Bellevue shop and see what they offer.

Try Vapor Route, on the 2nd floor above Bellevue Florists, VaporCom on Old Hickory right near the I-40 interchange, and Nashville Vapor, near the intersection of Charlotte Pike and White Bridge Road.

MattR

Im not Bsk, but try both, I like my evod but some people say it gives them a plastic taste. I like the bottom wicks, but its personal preference

The evod is more of a cool vape and maybe less of a throat hit.

BSK

What MattR said. Most people like the bigger vapor of a bottom wick. Pro Tank and Evod are good bottom wick tanks. Personally, I like the vapor taste and temperature, as well as stronger throat hit, of a top wick, especially ones with long cotton wicks. And as MattR mentioned, some people (a minority but a significant minority) find that bottom wick systems produce a plastic-like taste.

I agree with MattR, you won't know which you prefer until you try them both. I suggest trying a bottom wick Evod and a top wick iClear 16. Both are cheap (around $8), so not much invested if you don't like one or the other. I like the iClear top wick systems because the use long cotton wicks that reach to the bottom of the tank, removing the need to constantly tip the tank to get e-liquid to the coil at the top.

Now that I have the large SmokTech SID battery system, I've moved to larger diameter tanks, primarily the iClear 30, which is a top wick system with 12 full-length cotton wicks and dual coils. LOVE it!

Latest posts