Seek One knocks down a TN stud!!

Antler Daddy

When they have it in their videos there isn't much in the way of assuming.

I doubt that they are illegally killing the deer they take. I suspect they always have permission to take their shot. Supposedly this one was at a Spook Spann distance, but, obviously he made it count.

At the same time, I REALLY doubt that in the areas they are taking those pet deer that they have permission for hundreds of yards in all directions to legally track and retrieve said deer.

And, I would not be at all surprised that there are landowners within 250 yds of where they are hunting that are feeding these pets on a regular basis.

Maybe legal, but the ethics are pretty dubious.
Since when does a hunter need to go get permission from all his neighbors "in all directions" before he can go hunt deer?

If you hunt in the dead center of a 40 acre plot of farmland, there may be another house or someone feeding these little pet deer easily within 250 yards.

A 40 acre square plot is only 1320 feet on each side. That is only 660 ft. from the dead center to another property line (220 yards). I never knew I was supposed to knock on all the border properties to ask permission to blood trail a deer before I went hunting. I mean it is not printed in the hunting guide and I have never read it anywhere to just now.

Dubious ethics? Have you ever been anywhere outside of Brentwood? You really make some crazy statements.

A lot of people don't have 40 acres to hunt. You are calling a lot of people as being unethical if they don't go get permission to bloodtrail deer before they hunt their own dang farm.

Urban_Hunter

Since when does a hunter need to go get permission from all his neighbors "in all directions" before he can go hunt deer?

If you hunt in the dead center of a 40 acre plot of farmland, there may be another house or someone feeding these little pet deer easily within 250 yards.

A 40 acre square plot is only 1320 feet on each side. That is only 660 ft. from the dead center to another property line (220 yards). I never knew I was supposed to knock on all the border properties to ask permission to blood trail a deer before I went hunting. I mean it is not printed in the hunting guide and I have never read it anywhere to just now.

Dubious ethics? Have you ever been anywhere outside of Brentwood? You really make some crazy statements.

A lot of people don't have 40 acres to hunt. You are calling a lot of people as being unethical if they don't go get permission to bloodtrail deer before they hunt their own dang farm.
Are you and green the same dang person?

These guys aren't hunting 40 acre plots… they're hunting 2 acre plots. With a bow. Do you really not see the difference??

Omega

I'm with @scn on this, while it is not mandatory to get permission prior, it is a good idea to do so, because if a deer happens to cross onto their property after making the shot, it is illegal to just go over and retrieve it without permission. And going around knocking on doors at an early or late hour trying to get permission can lead to either taking the chance and trespassing, or wasting game when they don't answer or you fail to get said permission. In my case, it is almost inevitable that they will, since I only have 7.2 acres. I have permission for all property that touches mine, and tomorrow I'll request it from one that changed owners recently which doesn't connect to mine, but is close enough that they can end up there.

scn

I'm not surprised that you agree with their ethics.

FLTENNHUNTER1

I drove to each surrounding property owner prior to killing my first deer to get permission to enter their property if I had to track a deer. In doing so, I met some really wonderful people who appreciated my effort. Of those that hunted their property, I also granted them permission to access mine if needed. I asked them if they had to enter my property to give me a heads up for safety reasons. I was raised to do what was right, and to me this was a no brainer.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I'm with @scn on this, while it is not mandatory to get permission prior, it is a good idea to do so, because if a deer happens to cross onto their property after making the shot, it is illegal to just go over and retrieve it without permission. And going around knocking on doors at an early or late hour trying to get permission can lead to either taking the chance and trespassing, or wasting game when they don't answer or you fail to get said permission. In my case, it is almost inevitable that they will, since I only have 7.2 acres. I have permission for all property that touches mine, and tomorrow I'll request it from one that changed owners recently which doesn't connect to mine, but is close enough that they can end up there.
The point he was making is the size of the property doesnt really matter. Have any of you ever hunted a property line as to which you didnt have permission from the joining property owner on a private 200 acre farm?? The point is there is still a chance that deer crosses where you dont have permission and that is why its somewhat assanine to call someones ethics into question if you have ever taken a chance of it happening to you.
What is the acceptible threshold of land area you can hunt before you become unethical in the eyes of some?

Last edited:

AT Hiker

A deer piling up in Karen Fun-Suckers front yard is completely different than one doing the death run into a gully on your neighbors property.

Then you have the obvious, neighborhood lots are smaller and more frequent, you possibly have many property lines to be crossing while blood trailing. Three 40 acre tracks vs 60 two-acre high end suburban lots.

No matter what side of the fence your on (see what I done there) I do not see why that's hard to grasp.

Latest posts