Seek One’s dilemma

Ski

Some of you guys with big farms and stuff, if this really is the issue you emotionally claim it is, then back it up: Have a few of the flat-brimmed, squatted truck driving, city boys and girls out to your place and mentor em. Share pics here this fall.

I'll tell you what a friend of mine once told an employee who was always making snide remarks about the stuff my buddy, his boss, would buy.

"Go to the bank and put your name on the line. You'll get anything I've got, including the responsibility to pay for it and the consequences if you don't. It's as easy as signing your name."

We can apply that same logic to hunting ground. If you've got a decent job, aren't concerned about spending on superficial fashion crap, and aren't tied up in paying for a $95K truck, then there's no reason you can't get a mortgage for your own land. That's exactly how most of us "guys with big farms and stuff" did it. Go do that and invite as many flat brimmed squatted truck kids with video cameras you want coming to hunt your place. Mentor them. Make a difference while they're making money on their likes & subscribes on the back of your investment. The only needle that will be moving is your credit score. Share pics here this fall.

GreeneGriz

Not surprised that you think their hunting methods and ethics are fine.

To continually shoot deer on small urban lots where they by now should know that the deer are going to run onto land where they don't have permission to retrieve shows piss poor ethics.
And I'm not surprised you are the typical holier than thou social media loudmouth ethics who're.

batten_down

I'll tell you what a friend of mine once told an employee who was always making snide remarks about the stuff my buddy, his boss, would buy.

"Go to the bank and put your name on the line. You'll get anything I've got, including the responsibility to pay for it and the consequences if you don't. It's as easy as signing your name."

We can apply that same logic to hunting ground. If you've got a decent job, aren't concerned about spending on superficial fashion crap, and aren't tied up in paying for a $95K truck, then there's no reason you can't get a mortgage for your own land. That's exactly how most of us "guys with big farms and stuff" did it. Go do that and invite as many flat brimmed squatted truck kids with video cameras you want coming to hunt your place. Mentor them. Make a difference while they're making money on their likes & subscribes on the back of your investment. The only needle that will be moving is your credit score. Share pics here this fall.
So, no. You won't be mentoring any anytime soon?

Ski

So, no. You won't be mentoring any anytime soon?

Of course I will. You can be first! Put your money where your mouth is. As your new mentor let me start by suggesting if you want to hunt with me on private land then get your finances in order, save some money, and buy some land. When you've got some questions about how to hunt it I'll be glad to walk you through everything. I'll even share with you how I manage my dirt so you can do the same with yours. Maybe someday we can even make co op buys on seed & such to save a little cash. Or if you have no interest in owning land then I'd be happy to have you tag along sometimes as I hunt public grounds.

I'll gladly show you everything I know about respecting other hunters, respecting non-hunters, respecting the ground and wildlife, respecting the law, how I find deer, and how I process my kills. If I like you enough after spending that time together perhaps I'll even invite you over to meet my family & feast on some of the recipes I know for wild game. I'll show you what my idea of being an outdoorsman is all about, and there will be no video cameras posting to youtube or instagram. Share some pics or vids with the fellows here or privately with your friends & family. What I will never do is call you names, insult you, talk down to you, slander you, or get mad because we have different opinions. I will respect you same as I respect myself, and I will accept nothing less from you.

If this all sounds fair then consider me your new mentor.

batten_down

Of course I will. You can be first! Put your money where your mouth is. As your new mentor let me start by suggesting if you want to hunt with me on private land then get your finances in order, save some money, and buy some land. When you've got some questions about how to hunt it I'll be glad to walk you through everything. I'll even share with you how I manage my dirt so you can do the same with yours. Maybe someday we can even make co op buys on seed & such to save a little cash. Or if you have no interest in owning land then I'd be happy to have you tag along sometimes as I hunt public grounds.

I'll gladly show you everything I know about respecting other hunters, respecting non-hunters, respecting the ground and wildlife, respecting the law, how I find deer, and how I process my kills. If I like you enough after spending that time together perhaps I'll even invite you over to meet my family & feast on some of the recipes I know for wild game. I'll show you what my idea of being an outdoorsman is all about, and there will be no video cameras posting to youtube or instagram. Share some pics or vids with the fellows here or privately with your friends & family. What I will never do is call you names, insult you, talk down to you, slander you, or get mad because we have different opinions. I will respect you same as I respect myself, and I will accept nothing less from you.

If this all sounds fair then consider me your new mentor.
Sounds fair. PM details on this falls hunt. Public is fine. I have some free time. Thank you for the offer.

XCR-2

It's alright. I think a few of the guys here called seek ones manager to complain. It's all fixed now.
I'm still trying to figure out when and where to shoot a "real deer". Can't shoot one in a neighborhood cause they're to dumb, so that takes out the rut also because they're also dumb, then the 2nd rut, would hate to shoot one in a food plot because I planted it with buck on a bag and it's not "real food", definitely not the velvet hunt because well it's to easy and they have velvet on their antlers, also the meat would ruin, wouldn't wanna shoot one out of a treestand because that's giving me an advantage, box blind I would be to comfortable, rifle is to easy cause the deer don't have a chance, bow is to unethical because I might wound one and never find it, on a lease, nope I paid money to hunt, public land, nope I might get in someone else's spot, private land maybe but I would have to ask to hunt or buy my own but not sure how many acres I need for a "wild deer", heaven forbid if I did kill one that I take a picture of it and show it to people, if I kill one just for the meat then I'm not a trophy hunter but if I kill one for the antler size then I'm not a meat hunter, if I kill a 3 year old he's to young you know because I see them all of the time with birth certificates hanging on their necks, would've been a good one next year though, if I buy Sitka gear I'm to trendy and need a flat bill but if I hunt out of a flannel shirt and blue jeans then I'm just a dumb redneck, oh bout forgot muzzle loader, if it's a smokeless it's not a real muzzleloader, but if it's ball and patch then again I may wound one and not find it, if I find blood but then it runs out do I swallow my pride and call a dog under full secrecy or do I just let the deer die and become coyote food, if I blow the side out of one with a rage or 300 do I ruin to much meat? Can someone please help me out here? This hunting stuff is hard.

GreeneGriz

I'm still trying to figure out when and where to shoot a "real deer". Can't shoot one in a neighborhood cause they're to dumb, so that takes out the rut also because they're also dumb, then the 2nd rut, would hate to shoot one in a food plot because I planted it with buck on a bag and it's not "real food", definitely not the velvet hunt because well it's to easy and they have velvet on their antlers, also the meat would ruin, wouldn't wanna shoot one out of a treestand because that's giving me an advantage, box blind I would be to comfortable, rifle is to easy cause the deer don't have a chance, bow is to unethical because I might wound one and never find it, on a lease, nope I paid money to hunt, public land, nope I might get in someone else's spot, private land maybe but I would have to ask to hunt or buy my own but not sure how many acres I need for a "wild deer", heaven forbid if I did kill one that I take a picture of it and show it to people, if I kill one just for the meat then I'm not a trophy hunter but if I kill one for the antler size then I'm not a meat hunter, if I kill a 3 year old he's to young you know because I see them all of the time with birth certificates hanging on their necks, would've been a good one next year though, if I buy Sitka gear I'm to trendy and need a flat bill but if I hunt out of a flannel shirt and blue jeans then I'm just a dumb redneck, oh bout forgot muzzle loader, if it's a smokeless it's not a real muzzleloader, but if it's ball and patch then again I may wound one and not find it, if I find blood but then it runs out do I swallow my pride and call a dog under full secrecy or do I just let the deer die and become coyote food, if I blow the side out of one with a rage or 300 do I ruin to much meat? Can someone please help me out here? This hunting stuff is hard.
Bingo. Lol

GreeneGriz

I would rather be an ethics ***** than just a *****.

From your HogGuide days you have been one of the biggest blowhards on this site. And, another poster child of questionable ethics.

No surprise on which side of the ethics fence you are on.
Blow hard?? Go look in the mirror. Questionable ethics? Me? Lol. Not only are you the blow hard…. But also a liar.

Mud Creek

What Seek Ones target bucks are doing when they aren't on trail cams eating piles of food seek one puts out:
20230830_083626.jpg

scn

Blow hard?? Go look in the mirror. Questionable ethics? Me? Lol. Not only are you the blow hard…. But also a liar.
Matt, I searched my memory trying to think of any post from you that I ever benefitted by reading, and couldn't come up with a thing. I've always been told that if you get into a pissing contest with a skunk that you will end up getting the stink. So, it is best to cut bait and add you to the idiot bin with some of the other fanboys in this thread.

Madbowh

Curious what everyone here think about the question Seek one posed in his recent video. I know he got a lot of hate here after his giant Nashville buck for killing a "neighborhood pet" deer. I don't personally have a problem with his methods. Curious what y'all think.

For those that haven't seen it: in one of his most recent videos he says he has a potentially world record deer on camera that he's tracked for a few years.
The deer spends 99% of his life in an urban area where hunting is prohibited and people have pics of the deer all over their yards. During the rut, for a day or two, the deer ventures just outside of the protected area into an area he has permission to hunt. He asks, for public image of hunting reasons, would be a good idea to go after the deer or would a kill bring a detrimental spotlight to the hunting community like a cecil the lion type scenario.
I completely disagree with many things of this nature. There's more to this type of situation than should I kill it or not. There's a difference in filming too educate for various reasons compared to look what I can do, or I don't like to work/ can't find a job so I'll get into filming hunting fishing. Don't do it to boast about it just to show off. He's done messed up by filming too much. He ought to not shoot it because he brought to much spotlight to the situation, his own fault. He should've kept his mouth shut not had so much filming and wouldn't be an issue of he shot it.

These days there's way too much social media, filming, and showing off. Hunt because you like it and eat it. I used to like the hunting shows but I won't watch any of them anymore. If you are filming and any less than 90% of your video is not in a tree I'm not watching.

Latest posts