Food Plots Well... how much did you get?

megalomaniac

Getting GOOD rain now on my places!!! Feeling better about putting down $500 in fertilizer this weekend. Glad I didn't put it down 6w ago with original planting

megalomaniac

Only ended up with 1 inch total, first and third rounds missed me... but no complaints, that's enough to save what was left of the original planting and get the new planting up and running

JCDEERMAN

According to FarmLogs and WeatherNet, it shows an average of 1.55" between the two at our place. I have jitters I haven't felt in a really long time. As long as our stuff didn't die in the last 2 weeks, everything should bolt now. Can't wait to assess everything tomorrow. Hoping for the rain sat-sun as well!

BSK

As long as our stuff didn't die in the last 2 weeks, everything should bolt now.
I was shocked the toll the last two weeks had taken on what was left of my plots. The plants had been subsisting on morning dews and were actually looking OK. But when I was there Tuesday to top-seed, all the plants were really withered up. Even the clover had all closed up their leaves and were partially shriveled. Hoping they weren't too far gone and the rain revives them.

Hoping for the rain sat-sun as well!
Got 0.76" yesterday, but I'm greedy and want more! Another 1/4 to 1/2" which would be a Godsend.

JCDEERMAN

I was shocked the toll the last two weeks had taken on what was left of my plots. The plants had been subsisting on morning dews and were actually looking OK. But when I was there Tuesday to top-seed, all the plants were really withered up. Even the clover had all closed up their leaves and were partially shriveled. Hoping they weren't too far gone and the rain revives them.
I tend to be optimistic by nature, but especially when it comes to plants and plots. I've done a lot of gardening over the years and have been amazed how plants can revive in a matter of a couple days, heck sometimes overnight when I thought there was less than 10% chance of survival. The older they tend to be, the better they tend to revive from my experience.

Patiently waiting for some pics from a couple of our guys that are getting there today.

BSK

Although not a widespread soaker, some are going to get more rain Saturday and Sunday. Next rain after that probably Monday/Tuesday the 24th/25th.

DoubleRidge

Although not a widespread soaker, some are going to get more rain Saturday and Sunday. Next rain after that probably Monday/Tuesday the 24th/25th.

Planning to sow 700lb cereal rye and wheat on the 22nd so I'm hoping for the 24th/25th rain event. Work prevented me from top sowing seed before the last rain event...out of town this weekend carrying the RA boys at church camping....so that should bring a rain shower or two!! :)

DoubleRidge

Planning to sow 700lb cereal rye and wheat on the 22nd so I'm hoping for the 24th/25th rain event. Work prevented me from top sowing seed before the last rain event...out of town this weekend carrying the RA boys at church camping....so that should bring a rain shower or two!! :)

Sowing Cereal Rye, Winter Wheat and getting caught up on bushogging today...rain chances next Tuesday looking decent along with more rain chances next weekend....latest we've ever planted.... but with warmer temps and rain we're
hoping it works out to have green plots...we'll see.

tellico4x4

Plan on getting fertilizer out on Monday. Sure hope we get 2-3 rain events in near term. Stuff I planted Sept 8&9 are just now an inch tall. Have had about 3" rain since planting but guess it is so dry that ground just soaked it up.

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Plan on getting fertilizer out on Monday. Sure hope we get 2-3 rain events in near term. Stuff I planted Sept 8&9 are just now an inch tall. Have had about 3" rain since planting but guess it is so dry that ground just soaked it up.
Planted 2 weeks ago before about an inch or so of rain and went out yesterday.. it has sprouted and a few inches tall, but boy is it quite the desert.

BSK

Planted 2 weeks ago before about an inch or so of rain and went out yesterday.. it has sprouted and a few inches tall, but boy is it quite the desert.
My dusty loam-soil plots didn't take the reseeding well. I think the rain just ran straight through the soil. But my newer clay-soil plots held the moisture better and my top-sown seed germinated OK. But I'm NOT reseeding a third time. I've done all I can do.

Last edited:

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
My dusty loam-soil plots didn't take the reseeding well. I think the rain just rain straight through the soil. But my newer clay-soil plots held the moisture better and my top-sown seed germinated OK. But I'm NOT reseeding a third time. I've done all I can do.
I agree… thought about throwing another 50lbs on one of the smaller plots that took decent but I'm done putting $$ into them.

Attachments

• B2393234-4C35-4B8F-B53C-40A627ECB337.jpeg
    B2393234-4C35-4B8F-B53C-40A627ECB337.jpeg
    635.2 KB · Views: 36

DoubleRidge

Got the rest of our cereal rye and winter wheat out today....buddy of mine sowed 250lb Thursday on two of our plots then I sowed 400lb today...I've got one more plot at the house I'm gonna sow 100lb wheat on Monday then I'm done.... really hoping for the rain next week....got caught up on some bushogging today too....whooped....but glad to get it done.

Latest posts