Food Plots How much Glyphosate?

vonb

I purchased the FarmWorks 53% glyphosate from Tractor Supply. It said for a 4% solution, add one gallon solution to 25 gallons of water. This is what I mixed but I'm thinking it was too high of a concentrate. From what I've researched afterwards, some are saying 2 quarts of solution per 25 gallons for a 2% solution. I used the 25 gallons on food plots equaling one acre.

How do you mix?

TNTreeman

I use the 41% gly. I mix 5 oz of gly per gallon of water. Just did a 5 acre plot of RR corn. It worked like it should. It killed everything but the corn. I add some dawn as a surfactant. I've never used the 53%.

JCDEERMAN

Never used 53% gly. The standard is 41%. BTW - it's $99 for 2.5 gallon at co-op now for anyone looking. With the 41%, the standard is 2 quarts per acre. I usually mix that in a 25 gallon sprayer. Doesn't matter how many gallon sprayer you have, as long as that 2 quarts is spread evenly over that 1 acre. As for the dawn as a surfactant, I just squeeze some in there, maybe a cup.

TNTreeman

How much dawn do you use, is the a ratio per gal.
I don't measure , I just squeeze it in there after I do everything else so as not to foam up. My gly mixture may have been a little hot at 5 oz per gallon but at lesser potency in this field before it didn't kill some of the tougher weeds. I looked yesterday and it was clean as can be, zero weeds. I just need more rain. I never pay attention to the per acre measuring , I just try to get the right mix and make sure everything gets sprayed. I try to spray on no wind days with a good hot sunny day between 10am - 2pm.

NChunt1

I usually use 2 quarts per acre if I have added dry ams or some type of water treatment, I've been using the class act NG water treatment it
has added surfactant in it also. I have noticed a big difference when treating the water first especially if you have hard water. If I do not treat the water I use 2.5 to 3 quarts for burn down only but apply half the gly to the tank then agitate for a couple minutes then add the rest. Our 300 gallon sprayer with a boomless nozzle puts out about 15gpa at 6 mph. With gly it actually does better with a little less water from what I have found, so don't feel the need to completely wet the plants, That's a mistake I see a lot of people make they want to put out to much water and go too slow. But definitely treat your water it will make a difference. And I wouldn't use dawn soap just go buy some surfactant it's cheap and most places have it.

backyardtndeer

I usually use Drexel imitator plus gly, has surfactant in it. I use 2.5 ozs per gallon for rr beans. Rare I spray anything else with just gly, usually mix with 2 4d where I want to burn down vegetation.

Rural king also has their glyphosate in stock at $99 per 2.5 gallon jug.

tellico4x4

I usually use Drexel imitator plus gly, has surfactant in it. I use 2.5 ozs per gallon for rr beans. Rare I spray anything else with just gly, usually mix with 2 4d where I want to burn down vegetation.

Rural king also has their glyphosate in stock at $99 per 2.5 gallon jug.
What ratio Gly & 24D do you use? Ester or straight 24D?

Bgoodman30

I purchased the FarmWorks 53% glyphosate from Tractor Supply. It said for a 4% solution, add one gallon solution to 25 gallons of water. This is what I mixed but I'm thinking it was too high of a concentrate. From what I've researched afterwards, some are saying 2 quarts of solution per 25 gallons for a 2% solution. I used the 25 gallons on food plots equaling one acre.

How do you mix?
25 gallons on one acre?

Chaneylake

25 gallons on one acre?
The normal rate has been 32 ounces gly4 in 10 gallons of water per acre.
I have used this mixture for over 20 years without any problems.

We now add 8 ounces of Dicamba to the above for our late March early April burn down. This mixture will kill the gly4 resistant weeds.