Food Plots Well... how much did you get?

DoubleRidge

Grand total for the most recent rain event Saturday evening, Sunday and Sunday evening combined...this morning we had 0.74 in the gage...and thankful for it.

But also interesting...checked on a couple of plots yesterday after church and we have winter wheat laying on the ground that hadn't germinated yet...it's been on the ground 8 days...but should see germination any day now....with recent rain and forecasted temps hoping the cereal rye and wheat both green up this week.

tellico4x4

This past weekend rain has made a huge difference in our plots. Annual plots have finally taken off after being sown 3 times & clover is starting to get that "fall flush". Soil is still moist & even gravel roads aren't dusty. They are going to be okay, not spectacular but just okay.

Turkeys are definitely loving my last overseeding efforts. Saw over 50 hens in the first two plots I looked at this morning.

DoubleRidge

.11" Monday evening. I'll take it. Can not wait to see what they look like later this evening. I'll get down in time to check about 3 fields before dark.

Monday evening into Tuesday morning we got around the same .10 maybe....but glad to get it....third rain on seed since sowing....with these temps should be getting green any day now...or already green.

megalomaniac

This front is much needed. Hasn't started on my farms just yet, but I don't see how I could not pick up at least an inch from it.
.here's the drought map from this past Thursday for TN and surrounding states

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105_085107_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105_085107_Chrome.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 40

megalomaniac

I jinxed myself.. only got .21 on my TN farm. Really need a good soaker. Haven't had more than an inch at a time in 8 weeks

Did get 2 inches in south MS. Plots planted last weekend should be really.popping

JCDEERMAN

Ended up with .61". Deer in every field we've checked and plots really starting to turn green. Another week in the 70's should really be good for them. Just in time for prime time

lafn96

Forecast is calling for about 1.25" by Saturday night here in East TN; then another .75" spread out next Tues - Fri. Hoping whatever wheat and oats is left after being broadcast about 6-8 weeks ago will finally germinate. I'm afraid the turkeys have gotten most of it.

tellico4x4

Forecast is calling for about 1.25" by Saturday night here in East TN; then another .75" spread out next Tues - Fri. Hoping whatever wheat and oats is left after being broadcast about 6-8 weeks ago will finally germinate. I'm afraid the turkeys have gotten most of it.
Turkeys & squirrels had a big time with my last ditch effort top sown wheat, thought it was a buffet for them 🤣

Actually not sure if top sowing was worth it and doubtful I'd do it again. Believe most of our growth is what was "planted" weeks earlier, just wish I'd went heavier with the initial round.

megalomaniac

Got .5in on my plots yesterday, sprinkling again now. Plots are surprisingly good! Ponds are between 1/3 and 1/2 way full.... still way behind moisture overall, but I'm not nearly as concerned for the deers health at this point compared to late Sept.

Latest posts