UT's next coach......

Tennessee Lead

I would love Mike Leach at TN!
The 3 headed monster in the East could start waking up again and level the conference out.
If UT, UF &UGA all 3 are rolling and rise back to National prominence again this could be the end of the Alabama stronghold on the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

I don't care what you say, it's odd they went after all them lesser candidates & waited till they got turned down by them all before they realized well maybe we should atleast ask guys like Sumlin & Leach...

PalsPal

TreyB":2tdmm59y said:
I am surprised JC is looking into him. He did get fired from TT for locking Craig James son in a closet.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bo ... id=4776848

And this is not to stir it up. Just saying with all the heat JC is taking on this search. If he doesn't win, will they come back and use this as to why he was hired anyway?

Two sides.

Leach was pretty much exonerated. Craig James led the charge to smudge Leach, and TT wouldn't support him. So, he left!

There have been several articles since 2009.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3166 ... baby-james

TreyB

I am not saying he wasn't a crybaby... But did or did he not lock him in a closet?

I like Leach as a coach always have. Would be a good hire if TN gets him. Not the best recruiter IMO but should do ok in Knoxville. His pressers should be fun.

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":583kzwld said:
I am not saying he wasn't a crybaby... But did or did he not lock him in a closet?

I like Leach as a coach always have. Would be a good hire if TN gets him. Not the best recruiter IMO but should do ok in Knoxville. His pressers should be fun.

I don't know if Leach personally locked him in a closet. From what I've seen Leach asked his staff to get him out of the light due to a head injury. The staff took him there Leach says he had No idea were they had taking him.

"Leach was fired by Texas Tech on Dec. 30, 2009 when he refused to apologize to Tech player Adam James, son of former SMU and NFL star and former ESPN analyst Craig James. Also, Dec. 30 was the day before Leach was reportedly owed an $800,000 tenure bonus and over $1,700,000 for contractual guaranteed income for 2009."

"Leach claimed the basis of the complaint was Craig James' constant lobbying for more playing time for his son, whom Leach felt acted lazy and entitled."

TreyB

And he may not have... Was just going off the reports from back then.

Figured Currie would shy away from any coach with any type baggage in their past.

But he would be a better pick than most TN has offered.

baddnole

TreyB":3j1u2s97 said:

Figured Currie would shy away from any coach with any type baggage in their past.

It was a ventilated equipment building,according to Leach..
Mike Leach will make football fun in Tennessee. :tu:

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":3unl4h8v said:

The fans seem to back Leach of the most part, if nothing else Currie needs to get someone most the fans are happy with at this point.

Which is why I thought it was odd JC was not going after miles,Sumlin,Tee,Leach, & the other guys fans were naming instead of guys no one heard of fans didn't want.

TreyB

THEdonkey0515":1al1uc28 said:
TreyB":1al1uc28 said:

The fans seem to back Leach of the most part, if nothing else Currie needs to get someone most the fans are happy with at this point.

Which is why I thought it was odd JC was not going after miles,Sumlin,Tee,Leach, & the other guys fans were naming instead of guys no one heard of fans didn't want.

Oh I agree... It is crazy it took as long as it did to talk to Sumlin and Leach

nitro_z17

John Currie, Chancellor, President & BOT members had a meeting this morning in Knoxville where it was agreed upon that Currie would be stripped of his powers. #Tennessee

TeamMainStreet

Dont matter. They are about to screw this one up too.

IMO, there are two different searches going on. The Fulmer Camp Search and the Currie/Haslam camp search. And they are doing things to intentionally sabotage each others candidate they come up with.

The whole admin needs wiped out. Start all over.

TeamMainStreet

nitro_z17":9s356if8 said:
John Currie, Chancellor, President & BOT members had a meeting this morning in Knoxville where it was agreed upon that Currie would be stripped of his powers. #Tennessee

Chynna Greene from WVLT is reporting Currie has been fired. We will see.

THEdonkey0515

nitro_z17":2gheqbyt said:
Fire the AD who just went and interviewed Leach lol

Sounds like they have screwed this hire up also

TeamMainStreet

THEdonkey0515":5ip1vust said:
nitro_z17":5ip1vust said:
Fire the AD who just went and interviewed Leach lol

Sounds like they have screwed this hire up also

Im telling you, there is some intentional sabotaging going on. Rumor this morning is that Currie told people he was going to LA to see Tee Martin and instead went and interviewed Leach.

The crazy part about this is Leach was almost a slam dunk to be hired. Wazzoo is apparently running on a 13 milliin dollar deficit and Leach was not doing this to get a payraise because Wazzoo couldnt give him one.

Latest posts