UT's next coach......

TreyB

buckaroo":bv55w98k said:
I'd be happy with Sumlin, Miles, Tee more so than all the one they have offered!

TN needs to get Sumlin in case Fisher goes to A&M and the FSU job opens.

THEdonkey0515

buckaroo":2n5py12h said:
I'd be happy with Sumlin, Miles, Tee more so than all the one they have offered!
Agree

That's the only reason I found it odd they have not offered Sumlin or Tee

They seem to be better candidates then the guys they are going after! The fans seem to want Sumlin ,Tee, & miles over the guys they going after

It's one thing if they have been turned down by Sumlin,Tee, Miles, & others.

It's another thing if they are not even gonna ask, and continue to go after lower tear candidates with never asking.

Like I said very odd

cbhunter

gobblegrunt":p0ogs5jb said:
The racism card is one thing that I am really sick of. I mean come on get real this is 2017. I'm not saying that there aren't any racist people around because there are. I'm saying it's not as prevalent as the media and certain people would like to make you think it is.
BINGO!!! If we hire a black guy, I'm fine with it as long as he is the right guy for the job. Same goes for white guys or Latinos. If that guy can coach, GET HIM IN HERE! Unfortunately our administration could care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

wayne":2e6kzlqa said:
TeamMainStreet":2e6kzlqa said:
Sumlin will not come here. He was friends with Butch Jones. No doubt Butch has filled him in.
Filled him in on what? Win or be fired?

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Really? The UTAD is far from a well oiled machine right now. Its win or be fired anywhere.

Good time Charlie

Gator this has turned into a circus.....I am surprised they are having this much trouble getting a coach.
I know they are turning down a bunch of money/

Well I guess they will get sumlin or tee martin

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck":2gecbgl1 said:
TMS.... What's your prediction?

I dont really have a prediction because its been proven that nobody knows anything with this search.

My opinion though: At this juncture in the search, having seen how its played out so far, Les Miles has been in contact and is interested in the job. NC winning coach, knows the SEC, players like him. Hes sitting around doing nothing while TN is spinning its wheels. Hire that man and give him the money he needs to hire some good coordinators and go win some football games.

Im no GnB when it comes to football tho so theres that.

TeamMainStreet

Good time Charlie":1a7bdbe2 said:
Gator this has turned into a circus.....I am surprised they are having this much trouble getting a coach.

The only big money that has been offered was to Gundy. A coach they knew would turn it down anyway. That was all a ploy.

TreyB

TeamMainStreet":27byuav9 said:
Good time Charlie":27byuav9 said:

The only big money that has been offered was to Gundy. A coach they knew would turn it down anyway. That was all a ploy.

Gruden was offered more than Gundy I believe.

TeamMainStreet

TreyB":1sjwjudr said:
TeamMainStreet":1sjwjudr said:
Good time Charlie":1sjwjudr said:

Gruden was offered more than Gundy I believe.

My mistake. Maybe I should have said "Officially offered"

huntinkev

cbhunter":15es0xoc said:
gobblegrunt":15es0xoc said:
The racism card is one thing that I am really sick of. I mean come on get real this is 2017. I'm not saying that there aren't any racist people around because there are. I'm saying it's not as prevalent as the media and certain people would like to make you think it is.
BINGO!!! If we hire a black guy, I'm fine with it as long as he is the right guy for the job. Same goes for white guys or Latinos. If that guy can coach, GET HIM IN HERE! Unfortunately our administration could care less.

That's the way I feel.

The reason I wouldn't call Tee, he has almost no experience, he's been OC for 2 years. Let him get a little experience under his belt before he comes in here, fails miserably and ruins his career. After sumlin fails and we are looking in 4 years, let's see what Tee's been up to.

Sumlin just got fired, I wouldn't have as big of a problem with him now that we are getting desperate, but I think you generally try to shy away from someone that was just fired, especially from another SEC school. You try to get someone one that is coming up and on top of their game if you want to be elite. I'm ok with talking with him now, I don't have problem with hiring him, but I don't think he will be the one to get us where we want to be. He is failure at A&M, his trams routinely lost steam toward end of season and the losses would like up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cbhunter

huntinkev":21hwbhxp said:
cbhunter":21hwbhxp said:
gobblegrunt":21hwbhxp said:

That's the way I feel.

The reason I wouldn't call Tee, he has almost no experience, he's been OC for 2 years. Let him get a little experience under his belt before he comes in here, fails miserably and ruins his career. After sumlin fails and we are looking in 4 years, let's see what Tee's been up to.

Sumlin just got fired, I wouldn't have as big of a problem with him now that we are getting desperate, but I think you generally try to shy away from someone that was just fired, especially from another SEC school. You try to get someone one that is coming up and on top of their game if you want to be elite. I'm ok with talking with him now, I don't have problem with hiring him, but I don't think he will be the one to get us where we want to be. He is failure at A&M, his trams routinely lost steam toward end of season and the losses would like up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well said and completely agree

THEdonkey0515

Don't think it has anything to do with race

I just don't buy

Someone who has a losing conference record after 5 years at NCstate (15-25 conference recored at NCstate) 0-8, 3-5, 3-5, 3-5 was his conference recored first 4 years his had a single good year in year 5 seasons (this year) his best at NCstate is 8-4 overall 6-2 in the conference i just don't see him being better then Sumlin.

Not buying Ole Greg schiano who had a .500 record at Rutgers who failed at Tampa bay, who has not been a college HC since 2011, is better then Sumlin

Sumlin 11-2, 9-4, 8-5, 8-5, 7-5 at A&M winning overall record, winning conference recored. while coaching in the hardest conference in college football! Heisman trophy winner & a win over bama.

Before that in Houston he NEVER had a losing conference/overall record & lead Houston to 10 & 12 win season & a pair of conference titles.

I just don't buy some of the guys we have talked to/offered are better in anyway then some of the guys they have not even looked at.

TeamMainStreet

Considering how this thing has gone, I didnt really figure Sumlin would consider it but it may actually have some legs to it. IDK

THEdonkey0515

TeamMainStreet":1ns3g9r6 said:
Considering how this thing has gone, I didnt really figure Sumlin would consider it but it may actually have some legs to it. IDK
I think Sumlin is clearly an upgrade over CBJ.

I don't know if you can say that about some of the guys the have offered.

Latest posts