UT's next coach......

gator-n-buck

TeamMainStreet":1oxtcdyf said:
We will never know. It will be deleted before we find out.

It will take a stomach for this because it just got real. If people don't understand what social media just did in the history of college football and hiring a coach. Coaches will never last as long as they did in the past because social media. College coaches have a short shelf life theses days.

UT took the bull by the horns.

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck":qxerj3p5 said:
TeamMainStreet":qxerj3p5 said:

It will take a stomach for this because it just got real. If people don't understand what social media just did in the history of college football and hiring a coach. Coaches will never last as long as they did in the past because social media. College coaches have a short shelf life theses days.

Its been real. Going on a decade real. Something had to give somewhere and it did. For better or worse. I wouldnt really expect a gator fan to understand or even care though.

Scioto

gator-n-buck":1bv3ib7a said:
TeamMainStreet":1bv3ib7a said:

Correction. UT didn't take anything by the horns. Social media took UT by the horns. And every coach in America took notice.

scn

That is your opinion, which you are 100% entitled to. I totally disagree. The revolt on Sunday has been a long time coming, and it had many facets to it. We'll see in the coming years if it was good or bad for the Vols. At least we didn't get stuck with Schiano.

TeamMainStreet

scn":3hniamre said:
That is your opinion, which you are 100% entitled to. I totally disagree. The revolt on Sunday has been a long time coming, and it had many facets to it. We'll see in the coming years if it was good or bad for the Vols. At least we didn't get stuck with Schiano.

+1

gator-n-buck

scn":1h2vkd7b said:
I think GNB does understand what went down on Sunday.

I do.... I have been saying for years that social media will never let a coach last as long as the old days. What got Fulmer at the end of his career.... Yep.. The internet that Al Gore developed.... :mrgreen:

Fans now have a voice besides not showing up for the games.

AndyW

scn":1hg7d9ro said:

Well said. Your post about Haslam was spot on.

bigquacks

And to think gator and scn are not even vol fans and they understand what happened this weekend. gator wants the vols to be good again due to the fact it
helps his team when they win. I am a vol fan through and through. I don't even pull for other sec teams during bowl games. I am not a homer. But one thing I
just can not understand is the love fest for GS all the sudden. Never heard his name before in any coach searches just a friend of Currie. Hate it for him to be
drug into all this. With that said it is Gruden :roll: or more realistic Kiffin for me :shock:

leader

Not sure but it just got real.
6 yr 42 million dollar offer made a lot of coaches perk up.( just not sure our leaders are smart enough to identify or handle it)
Hate on the Vols and disagree with Sunday all you want but there will be REAL interest from good coaches making calls.
These guys have egos and think they can coach anywhere. Come here and you don't succeed so what. You make 7 million for 4 years and get a 10 million dollar buyout or succeed and your a top tier coach....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scioto

scn":33ur1lpc said:

That very well may be, but it is also just your opinion. And, just my opinion, but I suspect most coaches' opinions of Schiano are that he's a good coach. After all, that is the opinion of Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick, two of the best, and many others. Most coaches are more likely to share my view of Schiano's association with Penn State. And their advisor's at least understand and will advise them that hearsay, let alone third hand hearsay, has, for good and obvious reasons, been inadmissible to prove guilt or liability under the American and English systems of Justice for 800 years. In my opinion, I predict most of the coaches UT will or try to interview are alarmed by what happened. They see an AD and administration with no spine that could not stand up to a social media mob and that just fired another coach who just had his first losing season in 5 years. They see politicians sticking their noses into something they shouldn't have gotten involved in. They wonder will this AD and administration back me up when Clay Travis or someone else stirs up the mob for whatever reason. Believe me, some will wonder did these Tennesseans not want Schiano because his last name ends in a vowel or he doesn't sound like them (and, based on my own personal experiences in TN, for some Vol fans that probably had a lot to do with this). They wonder if the AD who hires them will be there a year from now. They wonder if the chancellor of the university is going to sign the MOU the coach just signed. Regardless of whatever justifications you Vol fans think you had to act the way you did, those coaches aren'taware of any of them. You all think this was a revolt of righteous indignation and moral virtue. And, rightly or wrongly, it may have been, but that's not how the world outside of Vol nation looks at it. And the coaches you are trying to hire, and their families, live in that world, not yours.

cbhunter

TeamMainStreet":v6pva6vm said:
scn":v6pva6vm said:

+1

X1000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts