UT's next coach......

wayne

Currie should be restocking hotdogs on the roller grill at the Lovell Rd Pilot

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

TeamMainStreet

Scioto":21kv4l4a said:
TMS, in answer to your question would I be good with Schiano as coach of the Buckeyes?

If something happened to Urban early or during this season, Schiano would have been the interim, and yes I'd be "good" with that. When it came to hiring a permanent replacement, yes he would be on the short list of candidates. He's a great recruiter, there haven't been any academic or behavioral issues with his defensive players, and, while I'm not pleased with the play of his LBs this year, he's had top 10 defenses both years he's been OSU DC. Yes he failed at Tampa, but not anymore miserable of an NFL failure than Saban or Spurrier (in fact, Spurrier's failure was epic).

But the fact is, the caliber of coach OSU can attract compared to what UT can attract is night and day. You are asking me to compare apples to oranges. Just looking at the two programs since 2000 (heck, since Woody's first season in 1951) in terms of conference titles, national championships contended for/won, top 10/5 finishes, etc, one is a top 5 program and the other is a top 30 maybe. It's like asking Bama fans would they be "good" with Kiffin after Saban retires and they'd say yes we'd interview him but our target is Swinney.

Im talking about you, personally. Not the caliber of coachea OSU can pull ir the caliber TN can pull. You, personally. Would you be good with him as head coach of your beloved team.

Its sounding like no. You keep defending like you are offended we dont want an OSU coach here.

TeamMainStreet

cbhunter":3n23836k said:
TeamMainStreet":3n23836k said:
Id be good with Les Freakin Miles. Hire some good coordinators and get it.

I would LOVE to see Miles at this point and I'm not even a fan of his. I'm afraid it will be Steele or Morris :bash:

Erik Ainge tweeted yesterday that Les had contacted Tn about the job. Guess we wont even give him a look.

cbhunter

TeamMainStreet":2vk56vnt said:
cbhunter":2vk56vnt said:
TeamMainStreet":2vk56vnt said:

I would LOVE to see Miles at this point and I'm not even a fan of his. I'm afraid it will be Steele or Morris :bash:

Erik Ainge tweeted yesterday that Les had contacted Tn about the job. Guess we wont even give him a look.

if that's true, that says all you need to know about the upper powers. SMDH

THEdonkey0515

TeamMainStreet":wfzgpnue said:
cbhunter":wfzgpnue said:
TeamMainStreet":wfzgpnue said:

Pathetic

Screw miles

Let's get the guy with the 9-32 overall HC record

TreyB

So Jeff Brohm getting the attention now... Don't know much about him. Seems like people like him in the CFB world.

THEdonkey0515

"When asked about the Tennessee job during an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday morning, the 42-year-old Kiffin said he's yet to be formally contacted by the Vols"

BigD_625

TreyB":2q5a96e1 said:
So Jeff Brohm getting the attention now... Don't know much about him. Seems like people like him in the CFB world.

I have a co-worker that is a Louisville fan and went to Western Kentucky, and he was pretty impressed by him at both schools.

BamaProud

Scioto":u9csewlt said:
TMS, in answer to your question would I be good with Schiano as coach of the Buckeyes?

If something happened to Urban early or during this season, Schiano would have been the interim, and yes I'd be "good" with that. When it came to hiring a permanent replacement, yes he would be on the short list of candidates. He's a great recruiter, there haven't been any academic or behavioral issues with his defensive players, and, while I'm not pleased with the play of his LBs this year, he's had top 10 defenses both years he's been OSU DC. Yes he failed at Tampa, but not anymore miserable of an NFL failure than Saban or Spurrier (in fact, Spurrier's failure was epic).

But the fact is, the caliber of coach OSU can attract compared to what UT can attract is night and day. You are asking me to compare apples to oranges. Just looking at the two programs since 2000 (heck, since Woody's first season in 1951) in terms of conference titles, national championships contended for/won, top 10/5 finishes, etc, one is a top 5 program and the other is a top 30 maybe. It's like asking Bama fans would they be "good" with Kiffin after Saban retires and they'd say yes we'd interview him but our target is Swinney.

Wait- Your Kiffin conparison makes zero sense. Kiffin isn't connected to a child rape cover-up accusation. I'd be fine with considering Kiffin with the head coach job after Saban retired. He wouldn't be my first choice, but he did a good job as OC, he just liked to party and clown around a bit much and Saban got tired of it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I say call the coach that used to be at Dresden. They won the 1A state championship under him.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

BamaProud

There is Zero shame in getting turned down by the hottest girls in school(or the best coaches in NCAA football). Why settle for dating 4's and 5's when you really don't know how happy the hotter girls (or coaches) are in their existing relationships.

THEdonkey0515

Looking like brohm

Once again never heard Much about this guy.

Looks like he did well at Western KY (30-10)

6-6 year #1 at Purdue......

Played QB in college,NFL, & XFL..... also has been a QB coach in Louisville,Illinois, Florida Atlantic & UAB..... So maybe he one of them good QB coaches gator fans always claiming they getting :poke:

O well guess we will find out

mr.big

BamaProud":3iu3thbm said:
There is Zero shame in getting turned down by the hottest girls in school(or the best coaches in NCAA football). Why settle for dating 4's and 5's when you really don't know how happy the hotter girls (or coaches) are in their existing relationships.

it is no doubt the pretty girls like a little lovin too..