UT's next coach......

cbhunter

Scioto":2ga7sy3m said:
scn":2ga7sy3m said:
That is your opinion, which you are 100% entitled to. I totally disagree. The revolt on Sunday has been a long time coming, and it had many facets to it. We'll see in the coming years if it was good or bad for the Vols. At least we didn't get stuck with Schiano.

That very well may be, but it is also just your opinion. And, just my opinion, but I suspect most coaches' opinions of Schiano are that he's a good coach. After all, that is the opinion of Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick, two of the best, and many others. Most coaches are more likely to share my view of Schiano's association with Penn State. And their advisor's at least understand and will advise them that hearsay, let alone third hand hearsay, has, for good and obvious reasons, been inadmissible to prove guilt or liability under the American and English systems of Justice for 800 years. In my opinion, I predict most of the coaches UT will or try to interview are alarmed by what happened. They see an AD and administration with no spine that could not stand up to a social media mob and that just fired another coach who just had his first losing season in 5 years. They see politicians sticking their noses into something they shouldn't have gotten involved in. They wonder will this AD and administration back me up when Clay Travis or someone else stirs up the mob for whatever reason. Believe me, some will wonder did these Tennesseans not want Schiano because his last name ends in a vowel or he doesn't sound like them (and, based on my own personal experiences in TN, for some Vol fans that probably had a lot to do with this). They wonder if the AD who hires them will be there a year from now. They wonder if the chancellor of the university is going to sign the MOU the coach just signed. Regardless of whatever justifications you Vol fans think you had to act the way you did, those coaches aren'taware of any of them. You all think this was a revolt of righteous indignation and moral virtue. And, rightly or wrongly, it may have been, but that's not how the world outside of Vol nation looks at it. And the coaches you are trying to hire, and their families, live in that world, not yours.
let someone else hire him or keep him at OSU. He was not/ is not/ and will not be wanted here. For me personally it is as 50/50. 50 being the fact he comes from a university that was tied up in decades of sexual assaults that he may or may not have known about, either way Tn doesn't want him leading our program. Guilty by association whether it's right or wrong. The other 50 being that his head coaching experience speaks for itself and it's very (extremely) lackluster. With that being said, I feel bad for the guy getting all the negative publicity that wasn't called for (unless he did indeed hold info) Since so many other coaches thinks he is so great, he will get his chance somewhere else and us Vol fans will clearly see we dodged a bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scn

You may very well end up being right. I don't think so, but, as you said, that is my opinion.

But, I think some folks at the top of the UT administration finally got the message that the peon masses are no longer going to sit idly by and accept inept hires by inept administrators. There were a bunch of coaches that Currie could have rolled out that would have gotten very little adverse reaction, if any. Instead, he picked one so potentially toxic that his own department warned him against even interviewing, much less hiring. In the current realm of the sexual assault stuff spanning government, business, and entertainment, it was really dumb to even open that door. Had they hired Schiano, I can about guarantee that ESPN would have been scrolling across the screen blasting UT for hiring someone from the Sandusky and Ped State tree.

UT may have given itself the death penalty on Sunday. I don't think so, but, who knows. But, at least the fans sent the message that they were fed up with the status quo of the decision making on Rocky Top, and, we didn't end up with Schiano.

TeamMainStreet

Scioto":2g44992x said:
scn":2g44992x said:
That is your opinion, which you are 100% entitled to. I totally disagree. The revolt on Sunday has been a long time coming, and it had many facets to it. We'll see in the coming years if it was good or bad for the Vols. At least we didn't get stuck with Schiano.

That very well may be, but it is also just your opinion. And, just my opinion, but I suspect most coaches' opinions of Schiano are that he's a good coach. After all, that is the opinion of Urban Meyer and Bill Belichick, two of the best, and many others. Most coaches are more likely to share my view of Schiano's association with Penn State. And their advisor's at least understand and will advise them that hearsay, let alone third hand hearsay, has, for good and obvious reasons, been inadmissible to prove guilt or liability under the American and English systems of Justice for 800 years. In my opinion, I predict most of the coaches UT will or try to interview are alarmed by what happened. They see an AD and administration with no spine that could not stand up to a social media mob and that just fired another coach who just had his first losing season in 5 years. They see politicians sticking their noses into something they shouldn't have gotten involved in. They wonder will this AD and administration back me up when Clay Travis or someone else stirs up the mob for whatever reason. Believe me, some will wonder did these Tennesseans not want Schiano because his last name ends in a vowel or he doesn't sound like them (and, based on my own personal experiences in TN, for some Vol fans that probably had a lot to do with this). They wonder if the AD who hires them will be there a year from now. They wonder if the chancellor of the university is going to sign the MOU the coach just signed. Regardless of whatever justifications you Vol fans think you had to act the way you did, those coaches aren'taware of any of them. You all think this was a revolt of righteous indignation and moral virtue. And, rightly or wrongly, it may have been, but that's not how the world outside of Vol nation looks at it. And the coaches you are trying to hire, and their families, live in that world, not yours.

Would you be good with Schiano as head coach of the Buckeyes? Yes or no

wayne

I would guess to say that any coaches decisions not to accept the job has more to do with Currie's relationship with Bill Snyder than Sundays protest.
And the fact that Currie probably won't be around long.
Once somebody takes the job and TreyB and G-N-B get their digs in about a botched coaching search, I'll sit back and bask in the glow of not having Schiano as a coach while waiting on the fall to get here.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

Serious question . How many coach's has the vols approached at this point and gotten told a no we are not interested or no! ?? By my estimation we are well over 10 and that's the ones we know about .

PillsburyDoughboy

One report I read was Peyton Manning personally reached out to Gundy and it still came back a no. If The Godfather himself can't get him to TN . No one was.

leader

PillsburyDoughboy":29x3bwq9 said:
Serious question . How many coach's has the vols approached at this point and gotten told a no we are not interested or no! ?? By my estimation we are well over 10 and that's the ones we know about .

Not many

RobbyW

leader":36hphrcr said:
PillsburyDoughboy":36hphrcr said:

Not many

Not buying Whitten, but its out there

David Cutcliffe
Matt Campbell
Mike Gundy
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullen
Jon Gruden
**Jason Whitten

Scioto

TMS, in answer to your question would I be good with Schiano as coach of the Buckeyes?

If something happened to Urban early or during this season, Schiano would have been the interim, and yes I'd be "good" with that. When it came to hiring a permanent replacement, yes he would be on the short list of candidates. He's a great recruiter, there haven't been any academic or behavioral issues with his defensive players, and, while I'm not pleased with the play of his LBs this year, he's had top 10 defenses both years he's been OSU DC. Yes he failed at Tampa, but not anymore miserable of an NFL failure than Saban or Spurrier (in fact, Spurrier's failure was epic).

But the fact is, the caliber of coach OSU can attract compared to what UT can attract is night and day. You are asking me to compare apples to oranges. Just looking at the two programs since 2000 (heck, since Woody's first season in 1951) in terms of conference titles, national championships contended for/won, top 10/5 finishes, etc, one is a top 5 program and the other is a top 30 maybe. It's like asking Bama fans would they be "good" with Kiffin after Saban retires and they'd say yes we'd interview him but our target is Swinney.

buckaroo

Do want to know why Tennessee has done nothing in 10 yrs? It's because we keep hiring coaches that I have to google! That is the reason our fans were so upset Sunday me included, I was upset before I heard any of the other crap! I yes we deserve better leadership, we have the money and fans to match anyone

THEdonkey0515

buckaroo":19e33vbf said:
Do want to know why Tennessee has done nothing in 10 yrs? It's because we keep hiring coaches that I have to google! That is the reason our fans were so upset Sunday me included, I was upset before I heard any of the other crap! I yes we deserve better leadership, we have the money and fans to match anyone
This .......

Didn't even know who the guy even was

68-67 at Rutgers didn't look impressive he didn't have a winning season there till year 5 and that was 7-6.

Then you see he completely failed at Tampa Bay with a horrible record got fired.

Then you see his not even been a HC in college since like 2011 seven years ago.

Was not a fan before I realized who he even was.

Then the penn state pops up everywhere & its like the icing on the cake

Tennessee could have hired ANY other name that was floating around Anyone! And it would have not got the reaction the Greg hiring got

They would have been people mad & upset No matter who UT hired, but it would have not started riots & this mess.

THEdonkey0515

RobbyW":3x5hrg2i said:
leader":3x5hrg2i said:
PillsburyDoughboy":3x5hrg2i said:

Not many

Not buying Whitten, but its out there

David Cutcliffe
Matt Campbell
Mike Gundy
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullen
Jon Gruden
**Jason Whitten

Gonna guess the atleast offered Mullen,Cutcliffe,Gundy,Kelly,Gruden.

I say at this point The my have atleast been in contact with more then a few guys. May have not offered them but have atleast talked to them. Dude may have told them NO as soon as he answered the phone, but I think they have been calling more then a few.

They was a rumor that UT had 3-5 guys lined up if Gundy said NO Ima guess all 3-5 were contacted before & after Gundy turned them down along with a few others

THEdonkey0515

buckaroo":5l3c73rv said:
I have been reading Les Miles wants it, don't know about that, if the could bring Tee in for coach in waiting I'd like it
Les miles is setting at home jobless what does he really have to lose at this point?

Lots of people been asking bout Les. wanting to know if UT has even been in contact with him? Has anyone even been in contact with him? His not been popping up anywhere really.

People saying must be something with him or he would be popping up more with all these job openings across college football.

At this point I would take it lol

THEdonkey0515

Looks like Kevin Steele (bama DC) who has a overall record of 9-32 as Baylors HC from 1999-2002 his only HC experience. :shock:

Or chad Morris (SMU HC) Rumors say he was interviewed before they flew out to talk to Gundy & the vols back in contact with him.

I would like to know if they have even tried to talk to Les,Sumlin,Tee,& some of the other bigger names.

It's one thing if they all turned it down, it's another thing if they have not even contacted them.