UT's next coach......

huntinkev

TreyB":3e73cn7j said:
I am not saying he wasn't a crybaby... But did or did he not lock him in a closet?

I like Leach as a coach always have. Would be a good hire if TN gets him. Not the best recruiter IMO but should do ok in Knoxville. His pressers should be fun.

I think a member of Leach's medical staff said he needed to be in a dark room, concussion protocol or something. He was in the media room, maybe? Anyway, the story is the James kid went into a closet and took a picture of himself and sent it to his Dad. And you know the rest of the story. TT wanted Leach to apologize and pay a settlement to James, Maybe $80,000?? and he refused.

wayne

TreyB":tau0lvmd said:
I am surprised JC is looking into him. He did get fired from TT for locking Craig James son in a closet.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/bo ... id=4776848

And this is not to stir it up. Just saying with all the heat JC is taking on this search. If he doesn't win, will they come back and use this as to why he was hired anyway?
That was proven to be a false accusation.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

nitro_z17

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy

Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn't allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee's AD

nitro_z17

Another source: Tennessee's own people have been ambushing (John) Currie's (coaching search). They shoot themselves in the foot, chocolate chip cookie the gun & shoot themselves in the other foot. It's been going on for a week"

TeamMainStreet

nitro_z17":2pxl7bx9 said:

Sources: John Currie was prepared to hire Mike Leach but university officials wouldn't allow him to do so. Phillip Fulmer has been sabotaging search process in hopes to become Tennessee's AD

Jim Haslam and John Currie are the guys who fired Phil to start with. He has not forgotten. He loves UT and saw that something had to be done. I havent been able to figure it out until now but Im gonna say that Peyton has been on Phils side tbe entire time and he signed off on Schiano knowing it would sign Curries walking papers because Phil was going to make sure of it.

Phil Fulmer is anti- Haslam and im in his corner.

TeamMainStreet

Jimmy Hyams@JimmyHyams

UT Chancellor Beverly Davenport has called a 4 pm press conference to announce the firing of AD John Currie. Phillip Fulmer has been discussed as a replacement but I can't confirm it is done. Davenport will meet with athletic dept. officials at 1 pm to discuss the Currie firing.

11:13 AM - Dec 1, 2017

Scioto

TeamMainStreet":2ewaxmox said:
nitro_z17":2ewaxmox said:

Jim Haslam and John Currie are the guys who fired Phil to start with. He has not forgotten. He loves UT and saw that something had to be done. I havent been able to figure it out until now but Im gonna say that Peyton has been on Phils side tbe entire time and he signed off on Schiano knowing it would sign Curries walking papers because Phil was going to make sure of it.

Phil Fulmer is anti- Haslam and im in his corner.

Now that's some serious GoT stuff right there! Palace intrigues! And calls for some Beastie Boys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

BamaProud

The latest I hear is that they bungled Curries firing. Based on an unsigned Memorandum of Understanding between Eli Manning Philip Fulmer and Flo the Progressive insurance girl- Currie gets a mulligan. Flo will now conduct the coaching search under the supervision of Currie. The leading Candidates are the Koolaid Man and Nick Saban.