UT's next coach......

huntinkev

It's a new ball game now. Who knows who Fulmer will go after. He may have no interest in pursuing Leach and go a completely different route. I could see him going after Tee. I hope not but I could see Fulmer doing that because of the relationship there.

If true, that TN and Leach had an understanding of $6.2 Mil, I think Fulmer should jump all over that and fly him in here tonight and announce first thing in the morning and be done.

baddnole

huntinkev":1pl0sm6s said:
It's a new ball game now. Who knows who Fulmer will go after. He may have no interest in pursuing Leach and go a completely different route. I could see him going after Tee. I hope not but I could see Fulmer doing that because of the relationship there.

If true, that TN and Leach had an understanding of $6.2 Mil, I think Fulmer should jump all over that and fly him in here tonight and announce first thing in the morning and be done.
Leach would be great

Zulu

Y'all hire Leach and I may have to learn the words to "Rocky Top." :shock: My wife's a Texas Tech grad, and we've loved Mike since his TT days. He may not always win, but he definitely entertains! Got the total shaft from Tech, but has done a good job with Wazzou. I just wonder if the Vol faithful can deal with Leach's kind of crazy; the guy's from another planet. :mrgreen:

farmin68

Mudbone":196ixtvl said:
So what is gonna happen w leach?
I think I could pull for the vols (sometimes) w him as coach. He's hilarious!

After watching Leach on YouTube, I would really enjoy having him on The Hill, but UT isn't interested.

gator-n-buck

Leach is not coming....

Note: Nothing personal to any member or person. If you are named Vol or TN I will say sorry. If not I'm talking about a football program... :mrgreen:

wayne

BamaProud":5k6tim4n said:
The latest I hear is that they bungled Curries firing. Based on an unsigned Memorandum of Understanding between Eli Manning Philip Fulmer and Flo the Progressive insurance girl- Currie gets a mulligan. Flo will now conduct the coaching search under the supervision of Currie. The leading Candidates are the Koolaid Man and Nick Saban.
Honestly, they bungled his contract to begin with. His contract was $900k/yr for 5 yrs. If they fire him, they have to pay him $100k for every month left on his contract. Do the math.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

farmin68

wayne":3qxnha4u said:
BamaProud":3qxnha4u said:
The latest I hear is that they bungled Curries firing. Based on an unsigned Memorandum of Understanding between Eli Manning Philip Fulmer and Flo the Progressive insurance girl- Currie gets a mulligan. Flo will now conduct the coaching search under the supervision of Currie. The leading Candidates are the Koolaid Man and Nick Saban.
Honestly, they bungled his contract to begin with. His contract was $900k/yr for 5 yrs. If they fire him, they have to pay him $100k for every month left on his contract. Do the math.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Currie was fired with cause. No buyout.

Scioto

What's the cause? If you are stating a fact, as opposed to your opinion, then another level of the rabbit hole has been entered.

PillsburyDoughboy

Scioto":30haynt0 said:
What's the cause? If you are stating a fact, as opposed to your opinion, then another level of the rabbit hole has been entered.

I would be interested as well . I mean clearly the events we have witnessed are a total
Cluster muck ... but they may not be all to his fault . There could be other elements at play that are preventing the hires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wayne

PillsburyDoughboy":33ivty3x said:
Scioto":33ivty3x said:

I would be interested as well . I mean clearly the events we have witnessed are a total
Cluster muck ... but they may not be all to his fault . There could be other elements at play that are preventing the hires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Insubordination. Currie was told yesterday to come back to Knoxville. Instead, he went to WSU and interviewed Leach. Also, the president of WSU, Kirk Schulz, was the president at Kansas St. during the time that Currie was AD at K St. It's assumed that Currie used the Leach interview to assess the possibility of getting the vacant WSU AD position, sensing his days at UT were number.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

TreyB

baddnole":1q3sw0ig said:
TreyB":1q3sw0ig said:
Don't sleep on Charlie Strong getting a call.
I have heard nobody from FSU ever wants an ex-gator :tu: to be a coach.

That's why I said that about Strong to TN. :tu:

Latest posts