Seek One knocks down a TN stud!!

Buzzard Breath

Seek does it again. A huge congrats to Mr. One. It's definitely much harder to come up here from Atlanta and knock down one of these brutes as it travels from its bedding area behind the shrubbery to get its daily bite of bird seed from the feeder, than it is to kill any deer in a more rural setting. Let's make hunting public land uncool again.

Hopefully Catman Outdoors can whack a big one in his neighborhood this weekend and we can take back our WMA's.

Urban_Hunter

These guys are no heroes. They're not the future of hunting. They're an immense danger to hunting as we know it.

The video from two years ago of them with the landscaper showing up… it was over across the river from opryland. The landscaper I worked with for 4 years. They misled the homeowner into permission to hunt. The recovery wasn't filmed, and that was no accident. The shot taken was borderline unethical at distance with a vertical bow. Wait til they stab one that runs and dies on the neighbors back patio while the kids are in the pool. It could spell the end of Priest WMA or any of the others that border residential areas.

This is ALL regardless of the skill required… which is zero. Walk out there, bust them somehow… guess what? They'll be back. Tomorrow. And every day thereafter. Because they have nowhere else to go. Someone said these aren't trapped deer? Absolutely they're trapped deer. The only challenge is getting access. They "hunt" individual deer, sometimes many sits, because they can. Go to the wma, screw up on a mature giant, and see if you ever lay eyes on that deer again in your life.

UCStandSitter

I dont know them , have never heard of them, never seen how they hunt. That being said , there are alot of self righteous, judgemental people on here. I leave that to God!
Wouldn't callin folks self righteous and judgmental be lumpin you into that category? Just sayin…

EJ1

How is killing one in a back yard any different than in a food plot that was planted? Both can come and go as they please and both can still travel miles.
I don't have a dog in this hunt, just my observation.
We could throw mineral sites, trail cameras and scents in there with food plots. All just try to narrow down where the deer are and where the Hunter wants them to be.
I've hunted a big farm in KY where the deer would stick around if the saw you. That doesn't happen on the public land in TN. So are we going to lump KY deer into the same barrel?
Just because someone hunts different than you doesn't make it wrong or wrong. Just because you don't agree with it also doesn't make it wrong or right.
If they are hunting legal within the law is all that matters to me.

BSK

Lol. Not at all. If you are self righteous, I didn't know it. I have only met you once at the hunting expo in Franklin.
I'm both self-righteous and judgmental. But only because I've watched as a certain small but very vocal segment of the hunting public has - in my opinion - ruined good, well-intentioned organizations and even state wildlife agencies. I believe holding my tongue when these situations arise is the wrong tactic. I have no problem with trophy hunting. I'm somewhat of a trophy hunter myself, in that I would like to kill a buck each year with the largest antlers possible. I make my living teaching others to grow and hunt big bucks. Yet there is a difference between trophy hunting and trophyism. Trophy hunting is a tactic and practice. Trophyism is a disease. Trophyism, if left unchecked, tends to spread like any other disease, and also tends to ruin everything it touches.