Fort Campbell guys!!!

hunterncoach

Crossfireopps said:
WVBOWHUNTER said:
He weighed 132lbs. I can't believe how easy to pattern he was. Called my buddy after this buck stood infront of me begging me to kill him. He said I'll get off work right now and he had to wait till noon before someone checked out then i told him right where to sit and thats all she wrote.

1. You're hunting a highly pressured ARCHERY ONLY area.
2. It's known that both of you are work buddies.
3. It's obvious you killed the deer and he tagged it for you. I guess you owe him $50.LOL. Your buddy sure has an uneasy guilty smile. His eyes look scared. I hope you realize the implications you've involved your buddy into.
4. Can no one else read between the lines here? The possibilities of a mature buck like that revealing itself to human presence twice in the same day? GMAFB
5. Just recently, a huge corn pile was observed in Area 7 and was reported to the game shack.
6. If I was one of the federal wardens, I'd take you and your buddy let your buddy reconstruct the events, see if the entire story holds sand.

So, to recap: It's difficult as heck to see a mature buck all season, you're continuing to hunt an area after you've already tagged out (for what,a doe?). But, you miraculously have this encounter with this buck "and it begs you to kill it" I'm sure you obliged. But wait, you're able to back out, make a call, and of course your buddy is able to get off work (thank God) and THEN,some random other hunter (who is NOT sitting on his assignment) just happens to sign out (thank God, twice)and opens a slot for your buddy to get into the area.

Then, your buddy is able to stealthily approach the same exact area where the buck is hold up (waiting,begging to be killed) and your buddy sets up, the wise,mature,incredibly wary buck steps back into the spot within range. AND, your buddy makes a killing shot (with archery tackle) without flubbing the shot and succumbing to buck fever (like Catman529)???

And you're amazed how it all came together.

We are all amazed how this came together. But no one else wants to call this out for what it is.

Pure BOVINE SCATOLOGY.
Man, without proof don't be such a jack arse!!! People like you are what is going bring the hunting community down. Maybe it is legit, maybe it isn't but its not your duty to accuse the guy on here

medwc

I will and have hunted 07 even if I am tagged out already. If I remember right I took 3 does out of 07 last year, maybe the year before.
This year I have only got in 07 twice and have tried 50 to 60 times(maybe more than that) to get into it. I try alot of times early to late afternoon when there is only one or no vehicles there. Can never get in this year.
Won't say what I was thinking when the story was posted.

:whistle:

WVBOWHUNTER

Crossfireopps said:
WVBOWHUNTER said:
He weighed 132lbs. I can't believe how easy to pattern he was. Called my buddy after this buck stood infront of me begging me to kill him. He said I'll get off work right now and he had to wait till noon before someone checked out then i told him right where to sit and thats all she wrote.

1. You're hunting a highly pressured ARCHERY ONLY area.
2. It's known that both of you are work buddies.
3. It's obvious you killed the deer and he tagged it for you. I guess you owe him $50.LOL. Your buddy sure has an uneasy guilty smile. His eyes look scared. I hope you realize the implications you've involved your buddy into.
4. Can no one else read between the lines here? The possibilities of a mature buck like that revealing itself to human presence twice in the same day? GMAFB
5. Just recently, a huge corn pile was observed in Area 7 and was reported to the game shack.
6. If I was one of the federal wardens, I'd take you and your buddy let your buddy reconstruct the events, see if the entire story holds sand.

So, to recap: It's difficult as heck to see a mature buck all season, you're continuing to hunt an area after you've already tagged out (for what,a doe?). But, you miraculously have this encounter with this buck "and it begs you to kill it" I'm sure you obliged. But wait, you're able to back out, make a call, and of course your buddy is able to get off work (thank God) and THEN,some random other hunter (who is NOT sitting on his assignment) just happens to sign out (thank God, twice)and opens a slot for your buddy to get into the area.

Then, your buddy is able to stealthily approach the same exact area where the buck is hold up (waiting,begging to be killed) and your buddy sets up, the wise,mature,incredibly wary buck steps back into the spot within range. AND, your buddy makes a killing shot (with archery tackle) without flubbing the shot and succumbing to buck fever (like Catman529)???

And you're amazed how it all came together.

We are all amazed how this came together. But no one else wants to call this out for what it is.

Pure BOVINE SCATOLOGY.

First off let me be clear on one thing. You are a POS for making accusations without proof. second after I saw this buck yesterday morning I got down out of my stand and walked to where he came from. I then noticed a nice buck laying dead and that had just died recently. I called officer curtis who came out with me to my stand site and we took the deer which was hit by a car monday ish. He also suggested putting my buddy back in the same spot due to the buck sign we found getting the deer out. I then put my buddy in that spot that evening and he made the kill. By the way we do not work together and only know each other through bow hunting and 3d shoots. He is a better bow shot than i ever dreamed of and could out shoot anyone who hunts on campbell. Now to make things even better his arrow is still in there from where he shot the deer he didnt get it because it got to late. tell me how in the heck could i use his arrow to kill the deer. which if needed he and the dnr could go get.Be happy that someone killed the deer and stop acting like a child. Call it what you want hook me to a lie detector Id take one right now, you pay for it and ill gladly prove you wrong and yes I am still doe hunting because my church friend asked me for some meat and I love to bow hunt and hunt more than most ever do. Grow up! lose the attitude and stop ruining other hunters who ethically hunt. If you for one second want to question me further tell me when and where I can meet you and ill let you question me to my face.

WVBOWHUNTER

medwc said:
I will and have hunted 07 even if I am tagged out already. If I remember right I took 3 does out of 07 last year, maybe the year before.
This year I have only got in 07 twice and have tried 50 to 60 times(maybe more than that) to get into it. I try alot of times early to late afternoon when there is only one or no vehicles there. Can never get in this year.
Won't say what I was thinking when the story was posted.

:whistle:

You can say what you want if he wouldnt have got the area the deer never would have died. I only hunt 7 because its the only bonus area where I can still hunt and I dont have land to hunt else where. If I never took a deer I would still go out being in the outdoors is what makes hunting fun not killing. So much jelousy out there it makes me sick. Be happy for my friend Who by the way kills a big buck every year with his bow....

WVBOWHUNTER

Roost 1 said:
I am just wondering why he had to wait to get the area?? Why didn't you give your bud your spot???? Just wondering?

because i still hunted that evening duh. I also missed a doe twice and was on my way out when he text me to say he killed the buck. Why would I check out and go home. He had to wait for someone to check out otherwise he wouldnt have got to go and if he had not got in that buck would still be there.

Roost 1

WVBOWHUNTER said:
Roost 1 said:
I am just wondering why he had to wait to get the area?? Why didn't you give your bud your spot???? Just wondering?

because i still hunted that evening duh. I also missed a doe twice and was on my way out when he text me to say he killed the buck. Why would I check out and go home. He had to wait for someone to check out otherwise he wouldnt have got to go and if he had not got in that buck would still be there.

That's fine with me.. Not trying to be a jerk or accuse anyone of anything. I personally would have give up my spot to my friend in this particular situation to make sure he got the opportunity at the buck. That's ALL I meant!! Sorry if I came across in any other way... Congrats to your friend.

medwc

WVBOWHUNTER said:
So much jelousy out there it makes me sick. Be happy for my friend Who by the way kills a big buck every year with his bow....

LOL...

I never said what I was thinking. I never accused him or you of anything. I think you might be ASSuming things.

I do wonder how far was it from the corn pile in there? IF there was a corn pile in there.

WVBOWHUNTER

medwc said:
WVBOWHUNTER said:
So much jelousy out there it makes me sick. Be happy for my friend Who by the way kills a big buck every year with his bow....

LOL...

I never said what I was thinking. I never accused him or you of anything. I think you might be ASSuming things.

I do wonder how far was it from the corn pile in there? IF there was a corn pile in there.

I never said what I was thinking.

MEANS YOUR THINKING SOMETHING WHICH IMPLIES TO EVERYONE WHO READS THIS YOU SKEPTICAL OF MY STORY. Im not sure about this corn pile stuff. I did see two small piles of corn someone put out on the road looks to have been there awhile as the corn has sprouts growing in on it. The piles are at the front on the logging road and thats 800 or more yards away from where the deer was spotted and killed, but if everyone wants to make acusations its fine with me because at the end of the day, we did nothing wrong. People Crusified Christ so it makes sense they try to crusify someone who killed a good deer.

WVBOWHUNTER

Roost 1 said:
WVBOWHUNTER said:
Roost 1 said:

That's fine with me.. Not trying to be a jerk or accuse anyone of anything. I personally would have give up my spot to my friend in this particular situation to make sure he got the opportunity at the buck. That's ALL I meant!! Sorry if I came across in any other way... Congrats to your friend.

So you get why I gave him the spot and the info. no worries I hope you know that Im not mad. Just really wanted my friend who I hunt with to get a shot at it especially since I killed a big one first this year. Yahoos cant get under my skin because we never broke a rule or did anything illegal. It is sad that he cant even celebrate his kill without keyboard warriors talking crap. Wish they would man up and confront either of us face to face but its a jelous cowardly world we live in.

Brisco Darlin

i've been reading this and had to chime in. Why would you compare Christ being crucified with what happened to you. I think that was way stepping over the line.

WVBOWHUNTER

Brisco Darlin said:
i've been reading this and had to chime in. Why would you compare Christ being crucified with what happened to you. I think that was way stepping over the line.

if people crusified Christ who lived a sinless life (God's Son) why should I be suprised that people want to take a good story and speculate it to be a negative undeserving thing. Why cant everyone just say congrats and leave it at that. Instead we act like the sinners who put him on the cross. WWJD (treat others as you would have them treat you) just saying. If I offend you sorry.

bow-hunter

Congrats on the deer. It's sad that people want to accuse someone of something illegal without any proof other than speculation. I wouldnt let it bother you or your friend and ruin the enjoyment of killing a good deer.

WVBOWHUNTER

bow-hunter said:
Congrats on the deer. It's sad that people want to accuse someone of something illegal without any proof other than speculation. I wouldnt let it bother you or your friend and ruin the enjoyment of killing a good deer.

Thanks, dont worry I dont let it get to me its just sad that a man cant even share his story without the peanut gallery giving a im jelous and this is how i see the story perspective. Oh well nothing they say will ever take away the amazing hunting day I shared with a great friend.

@fulldraw

Nice buck. One question....why didn't you set your buddy up for the big nontypical in there? Some friend. :wink: :)

Gonna hunt hard tomorrow guys. Wish me luck. Decided to leave the bow at home.

Latest posts