Fort Campbell guys!!!

WVBOWHUNTER

@fulldraw said:
Nice buck. One question....why didn't you set your buddy up for the big nontypical in there? Some friend. :wink: :)

Gonna hunt hard tomorrow guys. Wish me luck. Decided to leave the bow at home.

I would if I knew where he is however I havent seen him to know how to setup on him. The DNR told me about him yesterday morning but he says he is running behind the church somewhere. I just saw the 8 pt and watched where he came from (he came from the church along the edge of the fence I could see woodlawn rd and he went toward the dump area around 10am (probably crossed the road to 00) He made a few serious scraps and where I was has a few persimmons trees that are still loaded. Knew the does would be there and he just happened to stroll by and I said Ill put him there and hopefully the buck will come back by and check the scraps this evening. Sure enough he did and luck would have it that my buddy got the shot and the deer. Hopefully someone gets to see big boy where ever he is. Good luck to you. Late season is the best time to take a big buck, just my opinion but I think my record qualifies me to say that.

Super8

HuntnMoon said:
Ive been hunting that buck for 3 years... ive seen him that many times, never was able to get a shot and always wondered if i would see him again...I am over seas right now and have been checking on here periodically to see if anyone ever got him... breaks my heart, but I am glad for you... Thats a great buck! i know theres other guys out there like me that have seen him before, congratulations

No sense in being broken hearted as plenty of good Bucks have made it thus far into the season and with less than 10 hunting days left I dont see all of them being killed. Hope you get one the next chance you have to hunt.

Mr.Bro

@fulldraw and i hunted 25 yesterday.Havent been in this area in several years.It was nice to go in a little deeper and know if i needed help he would be there.Not much activity in the morning but the evening was full of it.Had many many does and small bucks close.No shooters but still lots of fun watching them.
I think this time i am done.Unless i can ever get in 40 or 41.Fat chance of that.
Thanks @fulldraw for hanging out with this old man.

@fulldraw

No problem. Enjoyed it. We'll do it again sometime. Wished I could have seen a doe instead of them young bucks yesterday afternoon. I wanted to shoot one.

Super8

Super8 said:
Thanks for the pic,JDP

TA191415LBS17PTS.jpg

158 1/8 Net
169 4/8 Gross

Super8

@fulldraw said:
Congrats again, Wayne. Are you getting him mounted? If so, are you considering any special pose?

Thanks.
Since it did not score 170 I will just do a euro mount.

Super8

Been a few deer trickle in lately, 10 or 12 deer a day this weekend.But they did not move much today. Some areas bucks are back in groups others they are loaners and some areas still pestering Doe's. It's wild, On and OFF in a moments notice.

turk870

thanks mr bro you to..wasnt abel to make it out this weekend told wife i wouldnt agreed to doing any of this christmas stuff if i knew it ment not hunting.oh well

Latest posts