.22 Rimfire Ammo accuracy

mr.big

If you don't like the current trend in powder and primer prices for reloading, you're sure not going to like hearing about "good" match ammo for a bench .22. There's a reason I'm broke right now. 😩

ETA- Norma TAC is some of the best "affordable" ammo I've shot from my .22 bolt gun.
I've got a book here somewhere " How to shoot smallbore for less than 50,000$$ "

Carlos

In several of my 22's my experience has been that the CCI standard velocity rounds shoot better than nearly all the rest. I can get better groups with CCI Green Tag and other similar, more expensive ammo.

For the price- the CCI SV is very accurate, leaps and bounds ahead of the Mini-mags in my rifles.

MUP

"The rest" is generally what folks haven't tried yet tho. ;) I was flabbergasted at the high end ammo that was used in actual competition matches when I first got started, even tho I was competitive with Federal Auto-Match at one time, there was still a great learning curve to go thru to find much better accuracy from my particular rifle.

mike243

"The rest" is generally what folks haven't tried yet tho. ;) I was flabbergasted at the high end ammo that was used in actual competition matches when I first got started, even tho I was competitive with Federal Auto-Match at one time, there was still a great learning curve to go thru to find much better accuracy from my particular rifle.
And just because it's the highest $$ ammo won't mean it will shoot the best in your rifle, it takes some $$ to find what works.

Harold Money jr

I have 452 and 457 Luxes, I've mainly shot mini mags out of them with an occasional velocitor for pigs and Remington viper for squirrels. I guess this explains why the accuracy has been ok but, slightly underwhelming. Gonna start buying some standard velocity CCI, what grain bullet do y'all recommend?

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
The
I have 452 and 457 Luxes, I've mainly shot mini mags out of them with an occasional velocitor for pigs and Remington viper for squirrels. I guess this explains why the accuracy has been ok but, slightly underwhelming. Gonna start buying some standard velocity CCI, what grain bullet do y'all recommend?
CCI SV. is only offered in 40gr rn

Remi

No gun in our little local league likes Tenex, a few like Eley Match.

Midas+, Center-X, Pistol King, and R50 are tops in ours. Sk offerings do pretty good but it's rare they shoot consistent enough to win.

brassmagnet

I have an old Marlin Glenfield, No. 35, i think, that puts CCI sv in the same hole all day,literally.
I bought 8 or 10 bricks of the same lot number of it back in the 2 boxes per person, per day era.
It was cheaper than Mini Mags at the time if memory serves me right. That was a long week, but I got all he had!!! Seems like it was 8 cents a shot, and silly me was thinking it prolly wouldn't get cheaper!!
Blind pig ..........ACORNS!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts