Ruger 77/22

Rockhound

I've got one of the 2024 production ruger 77/22 hornets. It has an 18-1/2" heavy threaded barrel. It's stupid accurate.

Attachments

• 20240109_061144.jpg
    20240109_061144.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 16

LY

I've got one in .22 from the mid-80's. It only had cci mini-mags and bulk ammo through it and it shoots both equally well.

It's been awhile and I haven't shot paper with it since probably the 80's, but I used to shoot bottle caps at 50 yards with it.

I need to did it back out and see what it can do with some good ammo. I so wish it had come with a threaded barrel.

SSlater

I had one in 22lr but I sold it like a dummy. I have the heavy barrel laminate in 22 Hornet, it would take a fortune to get me to part with it. Probably my favorite firearm.

Terrier

22 K-Hornet is better…. It actually has a sharp shoulder that makes the brass last for many, many reloads. Regular Hornets have such a long slope to the shoulder the brass stretches crazy quick. Not so with the K-Hornet.

I found that fire-forming regular Hornet brass is as easy as shooting it once…. But you have to anneal the brass first or it has a tendency to crack. That's pretty easy, too. Just heat the neck to just shy of cherry red using a drill and 3/8" socket to turn it for a few seconds in a propane flame. Drop it into a pail of water, and viola…. Dry it, load it, shoot it, you have K-Hornet brass.

I have it in an TC Encore barrel. My favorite caliber.

SSlater

I have it's twin with a Zeiss mounted on it.. and I feel the same about parting with it
I've sent mine to Connecticut Precision Chambering for the crown and bolt work. I also had the stock bedded in Seymour by Shultz.

I'm probably getting ready to send it back to CPC to have it reamed to K Hornet unless I can find someone in Tennessee reputable. No luck so far.

SSlater

I've thought about it but mine is so accurate as is I hate risk it
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mine was accurate but sometimes threw a flyer. Biggest issue is finding ammo and k hornet brass seems to last a lot longer for reloading.

Latest posts