22 plinker suggestions

KTS

Winchester Model 62 pump?
Love my 62A, it is a really fun plinker.

1707182983977.jpeg

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I've always thought that one of these would make a nice plinker

Crow Terminator

I can talk a Lil about the Henry's. I like lever guns and wanted one to plink with myself but a buddy of mine said I might want to shoot one before buying. Those things will cycle about anything but...was all over the place in accuracy. A coworker bought the golden boy edition and it's a nice looking gun but I kinda thought the same about it...not very good shooting. But I see people saying theirs is accurate. I don't know...the two I shot convinced me to not get one for myself.

rickyk280

I own several 22 rifles, but when it comes to fun and plinking with an accurate rifle I love my old Marlin 39A made in 1951 it's what they call the peanut model. I have owned this rifle for a little over 50 years. It's killed a lot of game and was always the gun we used at our hog killings. I always took very good care of it.

Attachments

• IMG_7418.JPG
    IMG_7418.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7412.JPG
    IMG_7412.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7436.JPG
    IMG_7436.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7415.JPG
    IMG_7415.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 15

Snowwolfe

First thing...let's rule out 10/22s and model 60s. I've got and/or had 10/22s, and just a few years ago, I had 26 model 60s. Both are fine rifles, just looking for something different. Also not interested in an AR type platform. Ok, so let's just rule out semi autos all together.

CZs are also out, I've owned about 20 of those and they are awesome...but not what I'm looking for.

Been looking at the Henry's, just the basic H001. I like the idea of them, but reviews are all over the place. Most say... beautiful rifle, smooth, etc. But I'm also reading a bunch of... doesn't shoot to POA. I've read several having to change the sights because something just isn't regulated correctly...or something.

A Marlin 39a would be the cat's meow...but I'm not going to pay those prices.

So, here we are. I want something to "plink" with. Doesn't have to shoot bug holes, but hitting where I'm aiming is a definite must.

Any suggestions? Something I perhaps haven't thought of?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Since you owned so many of the other brands and models just bite the bullet and buy what you want, the model 39. Plenty of used models on Gunbrokers.
Life is short and we only go around once so enjoy it

Tenntrapper

I own several 22 rifles, but when it comes to fun and plinking with an accurate rifle I love my old Marlin 39A made in 1951 it's what they call the peanut model. I have owned this rifle for a little over 50 years. It's killed a lot of game and was always the gun we used at our hog killings. I always took very good care of it.
Beautiful!!!

The one my papaw had was from sometime in the 70s. It was a commemorative model of some sort. Had a brass medallion in the side of the stock, and an octagon barrel.

tpgarrett21

just to plink with... I like my little savage mark ll fv-sr bolt action. they're pretty cheap online and threaded, synthetic stock to beat around and pretty accurate. but I personally would love a tikka T1X to try out with the 16 inch barrel.

Latest posts