Strange creatures

squackattack

The thing I found out is how noisy they can be in the woods walking and they really can root up a yard. I guess I never considered such a small animal being so noisy.

JCDEERMAN

I've killed a ton of them with my .22 target pistol.
Don't know why your 9mm wasn't stopping them.
I don't know what's up, but I had two .22 rounds bounce off of one. That's what prompted me into getting a .17. We used to be overrun with them in Hickman, but you can tell we've put a hurting on them. Don't see nearly as many the last 2 years.

TheLBLman

I don't know what's up, but I had two .22 rounds bounce off of one.
I have double-lunged most, no problems,
and this is with a .22 handgun, not a rifle (which should hit harder).
Also, often loaded with hollow points which shouldn't penetrate as well.

I'm also sure I've had some presumed misses where may have been more the case of the bullet hitting at more angle and not penetrating. But I'm frequently killing them with a .22 in large part because don't want to use my more scarce (and expensive!) centerfire ammo on these frequent pests.

rifle02

See them all the time up here on Lookout Mtn Tn. Have a few at home in Soddy but have seen them dead in Rhea county
Saw the 1st one at my property in Sequatchie county on Friday. Appeared to be a young one, kind of small and ran really fast. Tried to run over it with a Polaris Ranger but no luck. I seen quite a few dead ones along the road this spring and summer. It seems the population is a boom and bust kind of a deal.

huntncoach

Saw one about three weeks ago along Hwy. 68 around the McMinn/Meigs Co. line. I also think I remember seeing a dead one along Hwy. 411 in another part of McMinn earlier in the spring.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
'dillos? Took me a moment to realize that second "l" was not a "d". I think I'll stick to calling them armadillos.

Latest posts