Seek One knocks down a TN stud!!

Headhunter

I'd like to see you go shoot a 190 inch pet.
In someone's backyard, that has no fear of most anything, the hardest part is to just either get permission or have enough money to buy access to those pet deer.

I know where 3 really good bucks are bedding in a backyard in Hendersonville. I have pics from a friend, One of them is is in the 170's if he is not in the 180's. If you are good at throwing, any one of them could be killed with a spear. The person that owns the house goes out and feeds his dog and the bucks lay there and watch him. I don't know if anyone could get permission, but they have been bedding in the backyard most every day. Would it be hunting? Nope. Would I post videos or even make a video of myself in a manicured yard shooting deer? Nope, never.

As far as the buck talked about in this post goes, I know nothing. I have never seen their videos, don't care to. And this deer may be a legitimate kill. Except that in August here, the hardest part of killing a good buck is finding him, not always but even large bucks can be easily patterned in August and to me that takes away from the hunting.

I have read where they shoot deer in backyards, those are pet deer. While I don't have anything against it, population control and eating those deer are 2 great things. Bragging about it, making videos, the fact that people even pay attention to someone shooting "pet" deer, especially ones that are almost tame, nah, could care less and I for sure don't think it helps anything other than their ego.

And some are correct, I have wasted to much time on this. For sure won't waste anymore.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I'm just gonna say "Great looking buck" and leave it at that. I got no time for negativity in any form. Life's too short to be worrying too much about what everyone else is doing. I have a hard enough time keeping myself straight some days. Remember the lesson we learned from Thumper in "Bambi", "If you can't say something nice, don't say nuthin at all."

Mud Creek

20220831_094407.jpg

TheLBLman

Someone who reads TNdeer, but never posts, had this to say:

"Prostitution is legal in Nevada.
But going to Vegas and paying a hooker for sex
does not make one a stud.

Nor does legally shooting a pet deer make anyone a hunter."

What most hunters have issue with here
is not killing deer in subdivisions,
but rather the misleading of the shooter's purpose from the get-go
(in seeking permission to kill those pesky deer),
then appearing to claim great hunting skills.

This is more about skills of deception than even skills of shooting?

But make no mistake, this issue is more about killing & shooting,
than anything about hunting.

Buzzard Breath

Coming to a neighborhood near you. If you don't think all these Californians and Yankees are going to want to do this here, you're nuts.

Screenshot_20220831-114304_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-114319_Chrome.jpg

Hunters that live there can't even shoot their bows in their backyards. They have to go to a license range to do it. This is the stuff that follows Seek One around. If the guys hunting these places would just quit posting this stuff all over social media and keep their mouths closed, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

Latest posts