Seek One knocks down a TN stud!!

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
One in the same these days.
These guys have been doing this since before they could drive. their moms would drop them off to knock on doors. Mossy Oak picked them up years ago after they published a lot of their work. They have continued to work at it and just in the last few years have they made enough for one to make it full time. Realtree jump in on deal this past year. I think a lot of people are just upset they kill big deer.

Headhunter

These guys have been doing this since before they could drive. their moms would drop them off to knock on doors. Mossy Oak picked them up years ago after they published a lot of their work. They have continued to work at it and just in the last few years have they made enough for one to make it full time. Realtree jump in on deal this past year. I think a lot of people are just upset they kill big deer.

Wrong! I could care less what deer they kill, how many, how big, or how they kill them, I don't care if they team up and kill deer with a pocketknife. Killing deer where they are basically pets, is just that, killing deer. Nothing to do with hunting.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Wrong! I could care less what deer they kill, how many, how big, or how they kill them, I don't care if they team up and kill deer with a pocketknife. Killing deer where they are basically pets, is just that, killing deer. Nothing to do with hunting.
You must be, you've posted numerous times about it in this thread. How do you know these are pets? I've seen a few of the Tn ones in the past they a 70 acre bean field like in the pic from above with the White Ford Raptor isn't a pet deer.

Headhunter

I could have killed the biggest buck of my life last year during muzzleloader season. I walked in the door at the house to grab some lunch, looked out the kitchen window and about crapped my pants when I saw him standing in the backyard. I kept my muzzleloader next to the back door just in case, so I grabbed it and eased on to the porch. He slipped back in to the woods and I grabbed my grunt call which I also kept next to the back door. Grunted a few times and snort wheezed. That buck came crashing back in to my back field and worked his way within 50 yards of my back deck. I had the crosshairs on his boiler room, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Killing that buck in that way would have meant nothing to me. I'd be ashamed to look at the mount every time I would looked at it. Totally legal, but I don't want to kill deer that way. Just not for me.
I have been in the same boat to some extent a few times. One morning, on my way to work, I saw a buck out in a field that I had permission to hunt, I had been hunting that farm for years. This buck was one of the biggest racked bucks I had seen that time and still close to the biggest I have ever personally seen. I parked where I permission to be and had to walk across the 2 lane road and cross a fence. I had a 30-30 with me. When I went to cross the fence, it was a thick fencerow, I looked up and the buck was about 40 yards away looking at me. I chambered a round and put the crosshairs on his shoulder. He just stood there. I lowered the gun and he walked off, not hunting, I could not do it. Never saw that buck again and you know what, that is just fine.

On the way home, thanksgiving day, my brother went by a field on the Percy Priest WMA. A good buck, easy 130" 10 ptr was chasing a doe in the field. It was late in the day, when my brother dropped me off, I was running for my muzzleloader and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going to go kill that buck. He said he won't be there. I said well I am going to look. He was still there. I parked, snuck along a fencerow for about 200 yards. The buck chased doe to within 20 yards of me, the buck stopped and just stood there. Tongue hanging out, I looked at him and decided I could not shoot. I just watched and they finally the field just before it got dark.

Hduke86

If Seek One and Luke Bryan had a kid, it would be Florida Georgia Line. Come out wearing a flat bill, skinny jeans and drinking an IPA wine cooler. Probably go to private school on a transgender wrestling scholarship.
You just described @rem270 during childhood

Gobble4me757

11 Pages and Counting......... Everybody take a deep breath, at least they are not Democrats.

The real question is who is the better turkey hunter Lee Ellis or Tyler Jordan?
Hold up, now we taking this thread too far 😂 neither as they both are garbage turkey hunters with all the money and time to hunt all over…the ol boy jay who was on seek1 was a cocky one too who loved to shake that fan to kill em as well. Moving on 😂

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I could have killed the biggest buck of my life last year during muzzleloader season. I walked in the door at the house to grab some lunch, looked out the kitchen window and about crapped my pants when I saw him standing in the backyard. I kept my muzzleloader next to the back door just in case, so I grabbed it and eased on to the porch. He slipped back in to the woods and I grabbed my grunt call which I also kept next to the back door. Grunted a few times and snort wheezed. That buck came crashing back in to my back field and worked his way within 50 yards of my back deck. I had the crosshairs on his boiler room, but I couldn't pull the trigger. Killing that buck in that way would have meant nothing to me. I'd be ashamed to look at the mount every time I would looked at it. Totally legal, but I don't want to kill deer that way. Just not for me.
I would have shot it myself. I don't hunt for big racks, although I wouldn't pass one up for a smaller racked buck given the chance. I kill deer and that's that. I kill them for the freezer. I love hunting, and have for all my memory, but I don't have the luxury to pick and choose what deer I shoot. I almost never let a deer pass anymore, buck or doe. I put them in the freezer for my family of 10. I totally appreciate those that have both the time and woodsmanship skill to kill big bucks, who have the restraint to hold out. I love seeing the pictures and the story behind the kill, it's just not for me anymore. What these guys at seek one are doing is just plain laughable though, acting like what they've done is something special. I don't mind one bit that they kill those yard deer, but to video the kills and post them all over the Internet, bragging about it, is just silly.

Hduke86

Lol I hope everyone floods their local neighborhood to start hunting. Gives me more space on the public land. I'll answer a question that was asked about what's the difference in a deer looking at you at 40 yards trying to determine if you're a threat and one in the backyard. Well pretty simple 40 yards is close in the woods with a deer that's not eating mamaw's plants off her porch. Now I'd question your ability to hunt if you can't get closer than 40 yards to the backyard pet. Heck you can walk to within 20 yards of most of them. Try that in the woods with a deer that doesn't eat off your porch and let me know how it works out.

TNTreeman

11 Pages and Counting......... Everybody take a deep breath, at least they are not Democrats.

The real question is who is the better turkey hunter Lee Ellis or Tyler Jordan?
No dog in this fight but it is odd that this subject has gotten folks so upset and angry. We literally have members that proudly voted for this administration that are now sending the ATF to homes to check on legal gun purchases and that's just the beginning. They voted for an administration that has opened the borders to let anyone in with all kinds of diseases but fired American citizens over not getting a shot. Voting in demonrats is by far a bigger threat to our sport and gun rights than internet hipster guys flinging arrows in subdivisions.

fairchaser

So the farmer or rancher who keeps a gun with him and shoots a deer is slaughtering?
I certainly don't consider it fair chase. In the same sense, a deer can't be shot from the road. It's dangerous but also goes against the spirit of fair chase hunting.

Latest posts