Reveal vs Browning Cell cams

Andy S.

Few recent HD pics from Gen 1 Reveal (first model released). These were viewed on Reveal web account and downloaded onto my PC for a closer look. I typically want to take a closer look at 0.2% of pics (1 out of 500) taken, and sometimes even fewer (1 out of 1,000). I rarely ever (more like never) take a closer look at coons, bobcats, coyotes, does, fawns, 1.5/2.5 year old bucks, and under-performing 3.5+ bucks. I can see all I need to see in a thumbnail submitted to the app. YMMV

turkey2.JPG

turkey.JPG

Bgoodman30

Is there an activation fee per cam on the Brownings? I was trying to figure that out when talking with a buddy last week. I know the Reveals are $80+ per activation.
1663177672683.png

I can't find it? They have the option to suspend but if they try to pull an activation fee I am out..

Bgoodman30

Few recent HD pics from Gen 1 Reveal (first model released). These were viewed on Reveal web account and downloaded onto my PC for a closer look. I typically want to take a closer look at 0.2% of pics (1 out of 500) taken, and sometimes even fewer (1 out of 1,000). I rarely ever (more like never) take a closer look at coons, bobcats, coyotes, does, fawns, 1.5/2.5 year old bucks, and under-performing 3.5+ bucks. I can see all I need to see in a thumbnail submitted to the app. YMMV

View attachment 148885

View attachment 148886
Great quality pics. Yeah Its those bucks cruising by that you need to zoom in on where quality comes to play.. I am just trying to buy once cry once..

Bgoodman30

That's a pretty big deal in my book. If you're looking at one or two cameras it isn't bad but if you go to activate 5 or more that $80+ adds up quick!

Yeah I agree. Deal killer in my book but unless its in the fine print or a past policy I am not seeing any activation fees?

jmf

Is there an activation fee per cam on the Brownings? I was trying to figure that out when talking with a buddy last week. I know the Reveals are $80+ per activation.
Our tactacams didn't have an activation fee. I think the 80 you were charged may have been annual plan.

UCStandSitter

Our tactacams didn't have an activation fee. I think the 80 you were charged may have been annual plan.
I figured it out. It was the add-on of another camera to the plan. Then when I suspended it, they charged an "activation" fee to turn it back on. That's where I was getting confused. Had to go back and look at old emails to figure it out. $96 to add a camera to unlimited.

Bgoodman30

Called Browning CS and learned it would be $19.99 plus $10 for 2 additional cameras which includes 3k photos and 50 HD. Service can be suspended or activated at any time without any fees.

Andy S.

Few thumbnail pics from 4G/LTE Spartan GoCam. Again, taken from my Spartan account online, downloaded to PC, then uploaded here. Worth noting, these are large thumbnail size (1280x960), thus little higher resolution than the typical small thumbnail size (640x480) received on many apps. Higher resolution equates to more data used to send over the air, which equates to higher monthly costs IF, and only IF, you burn through hundreds and hundreds of pics. Being strategic about where you place which cameras, the settings of the camera and the respective data plan can save you money. It is obvious this camera is on a trail crossing, thus not a ton of pics, when compared to a feeder or salt lick. Lower deer density in this area as well.

doe2.jpg

doe1.jpg

forkhorn.jpg

@fulldraw

I figured it out. It was the add-on of another camera to the plan. Then when I suspended it, they charged an "activation" fee to turn it back on. That's where I was getting confused. Had to go back and look at old emails to figure it out. $96 to add a camera to unlimited.
That's not right. I added three cams this year and they prorate the monthly plan. Never been an activation fee. Something's not right. Is this for Tactacam?

TheLBLman

50 HD pics for $5 charge. 50 HD pics do not have an expiration date on them.
Can be a challenge to attempt any type ongoing comparison of different plans.
I'm uploading an average of 250 HD pics monthly on the Browning "Guide Pro" plan, but no doubt, would do fewer if these were not included as "free" with the monthly plan.