Cell Game Cams

I'll throw a bit of a curveball here. I have one spot on my farm that has cell coverage of any kind. I went with Cuddeback. With their Cuddelink system, only one camera has to have a cell connection. Up to 23 other cameras can connect to it. I'm not enough of a camera savant to really compare this system to all the rest. However I like the idea of one data plan. In addition to the D cell batteries I put in each camera, I put one of their Sun and Shade Panels on each one so it's not the cheapest solution. I've been running some of these cameras for 329 days without changing a battery of even visiting the camera. How do I know this? I get a health report of each camera every day which includes 'Battery Days'.

I don't get instant pictures, I can set how often I want to receive batches of pictures and the batch level. If the batch fills up before the time internal, it come in early. Nice thing is, the cameras will daisy chain. I have one spot about a half a mile from the Home camera that I cover. It leap frogs 4 cameras to send its pictures. Note, the highest resolution pictures stay on the camera. What I get are lower resolution pictures but acceptable to me. If I want the highest resolution pictures I have to go the camera and pull the card (which I did on one camera to see some particular detail). There is no video available. You get the pictures via email, text and/or on their Camp website.

Not the cheapest solution out there but I like the lack of hassle and hands off nature. I deployed the first cameras almost a year ago and have added to my network in intervals of 2 at a few times. I'm built out for now. Just testing spots and seeing how to best use these units.
Have you had any issues with them?

holstonangler

You guys are having better luck with your browning cams than I have, I've probably sent 4 back, with issues of no connection, hyper sensitive pir, excessive battery drain. They do have great customer service and have updated and fixed the cameras issues in a timely manner. The newest HD cell camera has a visible flash that every animal stares at and the pictures really aren't HD quality. The older ridgelines are much better with the dark flash and not spooking game.

Newt

You guys are having better luck with your browning cams than I have, I've probably sent 4 back, with issues of no connection, hyper sensitive pir, excessive battery drain. They do have great customer service and have updated and fixed the cameras issues in a timely manner. The newest HD cell camera has a visible flash that every animal stares at and the pictures really aren't HD quality. The older ridgelines are much better with the dark flash and not spooking game.
Where are you buying your browning cams at ? I ve always went straight through browning or trail cam pro and haven't had a dud yet

CritterGitter

I love my moultrie edges. I run 4 of them . Im not very good with electronics and i can figure it out .

Attachments

• downloaded638369633742792280.jpg
    downloaded638369633742792280.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 11

Creek

Only the rideglines and their new HD cell cam. The HD wouldn't turn on and the battery case wouldn't stay in the unit.

Thanks for your feedback. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you talking about this one
I recently bought two Defender Ridgeline Pro's, and I hope I don't have the same issues.
I have yet to get them set up and try them out.

Latest posts