Reveal vs Browning Cell cams

Bgoodman30

I am about to order some new cell cams. It seems Reveal is the rave on Tndeer but trailcampro says Browning? Academy has the Browning Max for $139. Reveal has some bundles but not sure which camera to get? Would like to get a couple that I will be happy for the long run. Covert and Browning have been the best trail cams I have run so far.

TheLBLman

A growing number of my associates have soured on the Reveals.
The big attraction was their initial low price.
Reveal will make that back in the cell service plans.

I've been overall much happier with the Browning cell cams,
and have found them much cheaper to operate ongoing,
and much more reliable & feature rich than the Reveals.

I get a lot of pics with the Brownings that are simply missed by the Reveals.

Bgoodman30

A growing number of my associates have soured on the Reveals.
The big attraction was their initial low price.
Reveal will make that back in the cell service plans.

I've been overall much happier with the Browning cell cams,
and have found them much cheaper to operate ongoing,
and much more reliable & feature rich than the Reveals.

I get a lot of pics with the Brownings that are simply missed by the Reveals.

Yeah my non cell Browning camera has been my longest running camera.

BSK

Have no experience with the Reveal or cell-cams in general, but the quality of Browning cams has sold me. They are the only cams I buy anymore.

Andy S.

I currently run Reveal and Spartan cellular cameras, about 4-5 months a year in the field, with 1-2 running year round, depending on the year and what I have on camera. Happy with both. I cannot imagine they miss many pics as much as my phone alerts. Good luck with your choice and test drive them in your yard for a few days before you deploy them to a remote area.

Last edited:

Bgoodman30

I currently run Reveal and Spartan cellular cameras, about 4-5 months a year in the field, with 1-2 running year round, depending on the year and what I have on camera. Happy with both. I cannot imagine they miss many pics as much as my phone alerts. Good luck with your choice and test drive them in your yard for a few days before you deploy them to a remote area.
Have the Spartans been worth the money?

UCStandSitter

Run Reveals both X and XB (video over cell). Really like em. That said the Browning cams have the best picture quality I've seen by far. However, I don't need super detailed pics/vids. I just need an idea of what is there and when. The Reveals have proven themselves reliable over the last 13 months in the field. They stay up year round and other than swapping the batteries I've done nothing to them. One lesson I did learn the hard way is do NOT put them in Suspend mode. I had a branch plop down in front of one and continually flapped causing constant notifications. I put it on Suspend until I could get out there the next time. When I went to take it out of Suspend I had to pay the activation fee again ($80+). I called Tactacam and they were cool about it and waved the fee but, I thought that was kind of odd. I will probably continue with the Reveals so I can keep everything in one app but if I were starting from scratch I would definitely consider the Brownings as an option and see which I liked better.

holstonangler

The reveals have a better software app from what I can tell and their gps service is working while the Browning is not. I have two friends running reveals and I'm running Browning. All of us have been on hold 20+ minutes for cs for both, but they have helped us until issues were fixed or cameras replaced. I . The photos are so close or not enough difference to make a difference on quality so far.

TheLBLman

The reveals have a better software app from what I can tell . . . .
On a phone, I would just say they are comparable.
On a laptop, Tactacam fails.
Browning cell cams have lots more user options,
such as being able to program uploads more than twice daily,
and to send ALL the pics taken, not just one of two, or one of three.

If I only want the cell cam to upload "a" pic,
will program it to only take "a" pic.
But when set to take two pics per event,
I want both uploaded,
otherwise, you've defeated much the purpose of a cell cam.

Bgoodman30

To me the pictures from the Reveal just seem that much better. Also the cheaper Browning has no external antenna..? Heard it needs good service. I have one farm with little to no service and others with good service and I would like to add an external antenna. I am wanting to buy 3-4 of these soon and still on the fence..

Andy S.

One thing that many users continually fail to realize with cellular cameras, is that MOST (if not all) desires/shortcomings of any make/model can be overcome by changing the camera settings. End users just have to be creative and think outside of the box.

Bgoodman30

(3)Browning cams $29 a month 3k pics 50HD
(3) Tactacam $23 a month 500 pics each cam Unlimited is $37 a month..

Bgoodman30

Is there an activation fee per cam on the Brownings? I was trying to figure that out when talking with a buddy last week. I know the Reveals are $80+ per activation.
1663177639307.png

Latest posts