Has your cell cam ever directly resulted in a kill?

deerhunter10

Never. I also cut my off the end of January or first of February so they are never out and never will be out for turkeys. Personally I love the chase enough I wouldn't do that anyways. I like the process the end result is rewarding and I want it while I'm actually hunting. Cell cameras just help me make moves 95 to 98 percent of the time I was doing anyways in my head they help confirm moves, also let's me know the deer isn't dead yet so I'm not wasting time hunting something not there.

huvrman

My brother in law never used cell cams cause he thought his poor phone reception meant he'd have poor cell cam reception. I bought him a couple for Christmas. He put one out last week on a spot he hadn't hunted all year. He insisted to me the camera wasn't working due to no signal reception. On the phone I talked him through the process of actually accessing his pictures on the app and website, and lo and behold he had a bunch of buck and doe picks the one day it had been out. He hunted there two days later and took a 6 pt.

huvrman

My only personal experience is sitting in a stand and seeing a nice buck show up on my cell cam half a mile away. Shot it 3 weeks later in the same area, but wasn't necessarily hunting for that particular buck.

Soft Talker

Never had any use for any type of trail camera. Good Lord gave me the ability to scout and read sign with my own two eyes. Would not have it any other way.

BSK

Don't use cell cams, so never for me. Although I'll be the first to tell you trail-cameras have taught me a ton about deer movement patterns, and that knowledge has helped me kill many bucks. So as a teaching tool, very influential. As a "he's at spot B, go sneak up and kill him," never.

Ski

Solid no for me. Wouldn't even want to. What's the accomplishment? I hunt old bucks because I enjoy the challenge of putting the puzzle pieces together and outwitting him. Being tipped off would be like somebody telling me how the movie ends while I'm just starting to watch it. Defeats the purpose.

Ski

Not many on here are going to admit to it.

Might be true, but I also can't imagine many scenarios where it could actually happen. I've got one cell cam that I've ran now for one year. It's about a minute or two delay when I get the pic. Then I'd have to grab my weapon, put on my boots, and go after the deer. In my case it's a 7hr drive then 45min hike but even if it were in my back yard I don't believe I'd get there in time to even see the animal, let alone get a shot.

The initial thought of getting a pic and running out to kill the deer makes sense at first but when you think about the logistics of it, it begins making much less sense to the point of inplausibility. Possible maybe on a stretch. But likely no.

deerfever

I received one as a gift for Christmas, I don't.see how in the world it could help you get an instant kill and mine is not a great distance from my house. I don't even get notifications half the time. I think the big advantage is not having to go pull a card and being in the area as much .My buddy has some out in another state he goes back and gets them in Jan/Feb usually. That is huge for that type situation. Again just a couple weeks experience with mine so who knows.

PickettSFHunter

Might be true, but I also can't imagine many scenarios where it could actually happen. I've got one cell cam that I've ran now for one year. It's about a minute or two delay when I get the pic. Then I'd have to grab my weapon, put on my boots, and go after the deer. In my case it's a 7hr drive then 45min hike but even if it were in my back yard I don't believe I'd get there in time to even see the animal, let alone get a shot.

The initial thought of getting a pic and running out to kill the deer makes sense at first but when you think about the logistics of it, it begins making much less sense to the point of inplausibility. Possible maybe on a stretch. But likely no.
I do it all the time with hogs, extremely effective. I also know a lot of people that do it with deer. Always bait out though to keep them around of course.

killingtime 41

If you pattern a bucks movement by trail cam placement. And know he's coming by this camera at around 7:30am everyday so far this week and then you go out the next morning and shot that buck. Then a cam is most likely reason you killed him. I run a couple at my house. Never killed anything here. But I hunt public and don't have any out. So no dog in the fight

Latest posts