Cell Game Cams

MCO8891

What are the best game cameras that you can link to your phone? Also, how much are the plans? I have property in Humphreys county. Not great service. Not the worst service either. My phone is with AT&T if that matters.

Last edited:

LenS

I have a couple of the Moultrie Edge cameras and have been happy with them. They are easy to set up and use multiple cellular networks so that is a bonus as well. I haven't had any issues with them and have been running them since October.

Here are a couple of recent day and night videos to give you an idea of the quality.

Attachments

• 1219029-f3fe2e54-9523-11ee-9b31-2af7407ff19d (1).MP4
    9.2 MB
  • 1219029-0ddc37c8-93dd-11ee-a477-a627e91c43d7.MP4
    9 MB

backyardtndeer

I have the stealth cam that Sam's carries, they run deals on them for $79 from time to time. You can use att or Verizon with them. Their service packages start at like $5 for so many pics, $8 for 1200 pics, or $20 for unlimited.

The cam has worked fine for me, but have had biking issues and the folks at stealth cam don't answer emails. I need to call them to get some things straight on my account.

Ski

I got a Tactacam RevealX as a gift last year and bought the 1yr unlimited plan for about $100 I think. Also bought the solar pack for it so it stays charged. Although it's my only experience with cell cams it has been a positive experience. No issues. When a deer steps in front of it I get the picture on my phone within a minute or two.

deerhunter10

I have bushnell, tactacams, and Moultrie. And like the tactacams better then any of those. My bushnells went down so will replace those with brownings and I'm going to try a few others TBD. The picture quality and video quality of the Moultries are not anywhere close to the tactacams or bushnells. Also have to wait 24 hours for videos on them. Won't buy those again.

Bushape

If your cell phone doesn't have a signal where your camera is going to be is that a sure fire sign that your camera won't work there either?

huvrman

If your cell phone doesn't have a signal where your camera is going to be is that a sure fire sign that your camera won't work there either?
Not necessarily. Cell cameras seem to have greater reception and many now are not at@t or Verizon specific. They are usually labeled as LTE network cameras. They will find any signal available. I have a camera set up on my place that transmits pictures, but my phone won't receive them unless I move 100 yards to higher ground. (Because i have verizon as my carrier and that's where my the Verizon signal reaches.)

Jrmoultrie21

I also live in Humphreys county. I use tactacams and love them. I have AT&T service and they do great. I do the monthly plans and will deactivate them after deer season. I pay 13/month for the 1st camera and then an additional 12/month for each additional camera. Hope this helps.

DMD

I also live in Humphreys county. I use tactacams and love them. I have AT&T service and they do great. I do the monthly plans and will deactivate them after deer season. I pay 13/month for the 1st camera and then an additional 12/month for each additional camera. Hope this helps.
Is that unlimited pictures?

DMD

Here's what plans run with the Meidase cameras:
1000019601.png
1000019600.png

Bgoodman30

I bought a tactacam reveal x with solar panel and extra antenna that you hang in the tree and installed it in a low to no service spot and it works fine.

BigCityBubba

I am replacing my reveal with a Moultrie. Cabelas had one on sale for $50. The reveal lasted a little over a year before it started going through batteries. 12 aa only last about 2 to 3 weeks now. I have read where this is not uncommon.

TheLBLman

I have been running the same 4 browning defenders 24/7/365 for the last 3 years. Still going strong.
Which specific model?

I run more Browning cell cams than any other brand, and have been pleased with them. IMO, they are the overall best value. Plus, should there be any issues, their customer service is 2nd to none.

Latest posts