KY public land and cell cams

killingtime 41

I run into all the time. Sitting on trail after trail. Kind of ruins the experience. I'm out here putting the pieces together. While there on the couch looking at every move I make. Non cell cameras are a different deal in my mind.But cell cams feel Kind of like an invasion of privacy. I can also see both sides.

30-06 type of guy

I like hunting the public by my house, BUT I don't trust any one enough to leave a trail cam on public land especially a cell cam. No one has respect for anyone's stuff anymore.
I had one out during bow season that sent me a couple pics while I was at work. I thought it was the every now and then check in til I looked closer. Someone had came in and started messing with it but hour later they put it back where it was. First time I've had anybody mess with it. Talked to some guys last weekend and someone had came and destroyed their camera and stole their chair. I'll put an AirTag in it if I ever put it back out again

Rackseeker

I wish TN would do the same, at least during season. It is terrible on our lease. Seems like there is a camera on every trail, every hollow. I have seen at least 50 since October. This isn't a small property either, around 10k acres. I know a couple fellas that have around 20 cams each out.

deerhunter10

I wish TN would do the same, at least during season. It is terrible on our lease. Seems like there is a camera on every trail, every hollow. I have seen at least 50 since October. This isn't a small property either, around 10k acres. I know a couple fellas that have around 20 cams each out.
Sounds like a lease problem not a tennessee problem. Nothing is stopping your lease from banning them. Nothing is stopping private from making their own rules.

Ski

I don't mind seeing cell cams on public as much as they mind seeing me. I'm like a beagle on a bunny busting right up in on that tight little trail coming out of the thicket, and the camera gets to see my @$$ as I'm going in. Often enough they get to see the buck come out too ..... being dragged antler in hand. I'd guess I've been cussed at from afar more than once 💩

On a more serious note I don't really mind them much attention. I'd hate the idea of a bunch of folks having bought cams & plans then not be able to use them. That would suck. However, they do seem to be getting a bit excessive.

th88

Glad to hear it! Its starting to get ridiculous on public land. I was in Iowa for a couple weeks bowhunting and it was really bad there. When I got back I e-mailed the DNR expressing my displeasure. They told me they plan on making changes in the future there as well.

Rackseeker

Sounds like a lease problem not a tennessee problem. Nothing is stopping your lease from banning them. Nothing is stopping private from making their own rules.
It is a lease problem on that tract of land, I agree. I hunt public alot also and it is a problem there also. Everybody has their own opinion on what is a problem and what isn't.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

also to your # didn't you know thp ruined public land for everyone ( at least that's what all these " grown men " say ) oh wait I didn't say that
I am not sure if these YouTube hunters are hurting the public land or if it's so many people losing private land every year. I feel like so many people have no choice but to hunt public , and it gets worse every year

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

Glad to hear it! Its starting to get ridiculous on public land. I was in Iowa for a couple weeks bowhunting and it was really bad there. When I got back I e-mailed the DNR expressing my displeasure. They told me they plan on making changes in the future there as well.
I heard one of the plans is to stop out of state hunters from coming in, but IMO, there's to much money involved

kaizen leader

I am not sure if these YouTube hunters are hurting the public land or if it's so many people losing private land every year. I feel like so many people have no choice but to hunt public , and it gets worse every year
I blame all the lawyers and gravy hunters. Land owners are afraid to let anyone on their property. Even if the gravy hunter looses the law suite the land owner has to go through the hassle and pay exorbitant legal fees. 🤬

deerhunter10

I blame all the lawyers and gravy hunters. Land owners are afraid to let anyone on their property. Even if the gravy hunter looses the law suite the land owner has to go through the hassle and pay exorbitant legal fees. 🤬
Its not only that the shear disrespect people have for other peoples places is crazy. I can tell you if we quit hunting I would never lease our farms out unless it was to someone a knew and trusted for years and years.

Latest posts