Game Cameras

hangingstands

Buddy of mine is traveling from state to state from Virginia to Colorado for his elk hunt.. He said they just banned game cameras in Kansas on public land. Rumor control if you can believe that is that a lot of states are looking into the same thing on public land… thoughts?

Ridgeline300

I hunt public land a lot and I don't get bent out of shape when I see a camera or stand. It lets me know someone uses that particular area already and I move on. I actually like seeing them because if you ban those things then how will you know where other hunters like to hunt. I want to know as much as possible about the other hunters that may be in there so I can stay as far away as possible and at least try to use them being there to my advantage.

Tn Joe

Buddy of mine is traveling from state to state from Virginia to Colorado for his elk hunt.. He said they just banned game cameras in Kansas on public land. Rumor control if you can believe that is that a lot of states are looking into the same thing on public land… thoughts?
I believe the ban in KS is for cell cams on public land.

killingtime 41

Cell cams and regular game cams are night and day difference in my opinion. Cel cams are more convenient for the hunter. I run regular cams at my house. But that's not public land it's mine. I hunt 99 percent public as I don't own much land. But I can see why it would aggravate people. You sit at home and gather intel on an area we all own. No boots on the ground or a lot less on the ground. Then you walk for a long way gathering your own intel only to most likely back out cause you run into a cell cam or a tree stand. You might say we'll just hunt it when season actually opens. Are you really gonna try to compete with a guy or guys that have cell cams and stands left out in the woods all year. Trust me they have already claimed it. And a fight will break out if you don't leave. Now Your socks and underwear are dripping from sweat from walking the off or in season scouting. And he's on the couch under a blanket gathering intel with cell cameras sitting at the main travel corridors.

Latest posts