Trail Cameras on public

AveryPC

I am still new to hunting public and I am wondering when it is normal to put up trail cameras. I am thinking of getting a cell camera but spending that much to risk it being stolen worries me. Is there a way to prevent this?

Hduke86

Not really a sure fire way but steps can be taken to minimize theft. FIRST is out of sight out of mind= get it up in the tree. Carry at least on climbing stick with you and hang it out of sight and out of reach. Next would be don't hang it on something obvious like scrapes and major trails but find something out of the way that leads to those areas. Next you can put a cable on it to the tree. All bets are off if someone decides to be a jackwagon and shoots it with a 22lr pistol as their carry weapon

Buzzard Breath

I am still new to hunting public and I am wondering when it is normal to put up trail cameras. I am thinking of getting a cell camera but spending that much to risk it being stolen worries me. Is there a way to prevent this?
I'd check with the TWRA manager before buying any. They're not allowed on some WMA's.

Latest posts