New Zealand Game Hunting

Contact TeamTndeer for advertising prices.

Hi There,

Having been to Tennessee in the last few years I thought I'd post a few pictures of New Zealand hunting.

We have these critters which are very exciting to hunt...a bit different to your whitetail. And you don't hit them on the road.

-
hchamthb_zpsae9b9959.jpg

bigtex

Chamois, they are great looking animals and I can only imagine how hard they must be to hunt.
Welcome aboard my Kiwi brother.

bowriter

R.I.P.
new zealand hunting said:
Bowriter, are you referring to Phil Wilson County??
Otherwise I'm missing the meaning of your comment.
The stag looks like it could be in the North Island?

You would have to live here to get it. I live in Wilson County. I don't really know where the picture was taken. It was sent to me by Antonio Lara, editor of SPBH for an article I did on hunting Oz.

The post was a joke. :0

DaveB

I've been to NZ, plane ride is so long I grew a beard, had three grandchildren, and became eligible for SocSec.

I kinda liked the place. Caught a big ol fish from a black sand beach with a borrowed rod/reel, friendly guy (musta been a TNDeer ex-pat)saw me watching and offered it up. I did my best Florida Keys beach casting example and hooked a really nice fish then almost sank into the beach stuff, it is quite dangerous. They drink beer in the office on Friday afternoon. I saw a boat being worked over for the Kong movie. The women wear shoes that would do good in Hatchie river bottoms.

Oh. They have a possum problem. Gargantuan Hairy wooly possum problem. You can buy possum wool in the store and it is not cheap, prolly 'cause that possum ain't real happy about getting shaved nekkid. Okay, so you don't believe me, neither did I, thought they were pulling a prank on me, check it out.

I think I will volunteer to subject myself to another long plane ride and come back and report to my TNDeer buddies what kind of hunt I had. Figure my 06 will get that Elkie thing or the 300?

There is no barbecue in NZ. I will have to stop at the Commissary before I go.

DaveB

Gotta complement you on your great summary of New Zealand....you did miss out on a few things like the South Island mountains and our great red stags, chamois and tahr hunting...but otherwise you did damn good.

dr

NZ, Welcome to one of the best hunting forums on the web. I'd like to hunt a stag, and some of those giant rabbits you have.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Can't hunt the wabbits. Can't hunt any species native to the place, only the imports. But they have a ton of neat, imported game and some huge hogs and long horned goats.

Latest posts