Looks Like Canned Spann

Southern Sportsman

Dbllunger said:
So based on some arguments, it is illegal for me to call turkeys for my son during the juvenile turkey hunt??

Unless there is a specific exception for the Juvie (which there may be), you would have to have a big game hunting license.

CAW

Dbllunger said:
So based on some arguments, it is illegal for me to call turkeys for my son during the juvenile turkey hunt??

Good question, never thought about that. That would be hunting and only juveniles are suppose to be hunting during that time.

Anybody know for sure?

CAW

Southern Sportsman said:
Dbllunger said:

Unless there is a specific exception for the Juvie (which there may be), you would have to have a big game hunting license.

Yea, but even with a license only the kids are suppose to be hunting. If you are calling for them, wouldn't that mean you are hunting?

Nealmeally

Wes Parrish said:
Diehard Hunter said:
Hunting by definition does not need to include killing.

But I remain curious as to how Spook can be prevented from hunting "worldwide".

Because, he set the world on fire, remember ....??

Dbllunger

CAW said:
Southern Sportsman said:
Dbllunger said:

Yea, but even with a license only the kids are suppose to be hunting. If you are calling for them, wouldn't that mean you are hunting?

I will pose the question to scn over in the TWRA forum and see what he says.

MUP

farmin68 said:
MUP said:
Thanks for the detailed explanations guys. Not so much for the talking down to of other members tho. ;)

Am I missing something here? If one of my posts offended you, that certainly wasn't my intent.

Absolutely not farmin. I was just taking a small issue with others "outdoorsmanship" being called into question, for lack of better understanding of the legal description of hunting. ;)

Diehard Hunter

Dbllunger said:
CAW said:
Southern Sportsman said:
Dbllunger said:

I will pose the question to scn over in the TWRA forum and see what he says.

There are a lot of exceptions during the juvenile hunt. For example, you can take control of the weapon, carry gear, field dress and drag the game, call the game etc. you just can't shoot the animal! During regular seasons, someone without a license could not assist in any way. They can't hold the gun, call, etc.

buckbstr_1

I hope the prison orange " suits have a X on there suits so he doesn't feel like all sponsors have left. A great place for the placement of the X is around the buttock region. Make tn boys proud and display the under armour!

CAW

MUP said:
farmin68 said:
MUP said:
Thanks for the detailed explanations guys. Not so much for the talking down to of other members tho. ;)

Am I missing something here? If one of my posts offended you, that certainly wasn't my intent.

Absolutely not farmin. I was just taking a small issue with others "outdoorsmanship" being called into question, for lack of better understanding of the legal description of hunting. ;)

Agreed.

bowriter

R.I.P.
He cannot be prevented from hunting worldwide. However he can sure as heck be jailed for it. If he hunts anywhere, it would bein violation of the terms of his sentence. He simply cannot hunt anywhere for a year. If he does, back to the slammer and I do not think that judge is going to be understanding.

As to the questions regarding what is and what isn't hunting, why not take those to the TWRA forum and let them answer them.

farmin68

MUP said:
farmin68 said:
MUP said:

Gotcha. :)

farmin68

bowriter said:
He cannot be prevented from hunting worldwide. However he can sure as heck be jailed for it. If he hunts anywhere, it would bein violation of the terms of his sentence. He simply cannot hunt anywhere for a year. If he does, back to the slammer and I do not think that judge is going to be understanding.

As to the questions regarding what is and what isn't hunting, why not take those to the TWRA forum and let them answer them.

Bowriter, how many articles could you sell off the Spook story if you devoted some time to it? Just curious...no hidden agenda in my question.

Headhunter

I think the Kansas thing was a stretch from all I have read and that is about the only way I know of to get information. No matter what the Kansas thing was though, whether Spook was innocent, mistaken, guilty, or maybe guilty of what he was charged with and possibly other things that weren't caught, he was still found guilty and sentenced. To not accept the punishment and abide by the law seems pretty arrogant and stupid in my thinking.

It is not excusable or justifiable in anyway, but when you are a new hunter or fishermen or young or have never been taught what is correct (you should still be punished by the law if you break game laws) but a person should learn from it and not do it again and study the game laws so you do not make any other "mistakes". Spook is way past knowing what is right and wrong and more than deserves what he gets.

scn

Diehard Hunter said:
This is the legal definition of hunting:

TCA 70-1-101:

19) "Hunting" means chasing, driving, flushing, attracting, pursuing, worrying, following after or on the trail of, searching for, trapping, shooting at, stalking, or lying in wait for, any wildlife, whether or not such wildlife is then or subsequently captured, killed, taken, or wounded and every act of assistance to any other person, but "hunting" does not include stalking, attracting, searching for, or lying in wait for, wildlife by an unarmed person solely for the purpose of watching wildlife or taking pictures of wildlife

Every act of assistance, including calling, carrying and placing decoys, etc. is hunting and requires a license and the legal ability to be licensed (not on revocation).

Edited by scn (Today at 07:07 AM)

He was hunting. He was attracting and he was assisting other hunters. He was not there solely for the purpose of watching or taking pictures.

Hunting by definition does not need to include killing.

Just to clarify, my comments were in the TWRA section and ended at the Edited by scn part of Diehard's post.. I am purposely staying out of this thread for a variety of reasons.

CAW

Headhunter said:
I think the Kansas thing was a stretch from all I have read and that is about the only way I know of to get information. No matter what the Kansas thing was though, whether Spook was innocent, mistaken, guilty, or maybe guilty of what he was charged with and possibly other things that weren't caught, he was still found guilty and sentenced. To not accept the punishment and abide by the law seems pretty arrogant and stupid in my thinking.

It is not excusable or justifiable in anyway, but when you are a new hunter or fishermen or young or have never been taught what is correct (you should still be punished by the law if you break game laws) but a person should learn from it and not do it again and study the game laws so you do not make any other "mistakes". Spook is way past knowing what is right and wrong and more than deserves what he gets.

Well said.

bowriter

R.I.P.
farmin68 said:
bowriter said:

Bowriter, how many articles could you sell off the Spook story if you devoted some time to it? Just curious...no hidden agenda in my question.

Probably not many, maybe none. Matter of public record so any publication can get all the information for free. Might be able to sell an exclusive interview with Spann but not for any kind of serious money. Social media has about wiped out selling this kind of stuff.

BSK

Headhunter said:
I think the Kansas thing was a stretch from all I have read and that is about the only way I know of to get information.

The Kansas thing is a tough one. He should have known the laws (if he didn't). He owns property and leases the hunting rights of his neighbor's property. He has a landowner tag that is ONLY good for property he OWNS, not leases. Yet he goes over to his neighbor's (that he leases) and kills the deer. That was illegal. Again, was he aware of the rules but his desire for a 230-inch buck pushed him into breaking the law? I don't know.

landman

There has been some questioning about the "Kansas Thing" as its
called on this post, BSK said it right he knew the laws

It all started with a LIE, the landowner knew the buck was on and off his tract, but he wasn't a hunter, thats why he took $5,000, bet none of you on here would have knowing the deer was there.
Once Spook killed it the landowner asked him if he seen it, Spook replied they didn't kill the buck. Afterwards a family member seen the tape and told him, by then Spook owned the farm, the landowner had wondered why Spook priced it so high.

In court this time more LIES, statements that the corn they were
buying was for cattle, a pet duck & goose.....

Its been described as "makes me sick to hear anymore of it"

I wonder what he may tell other in mates his name is on those
overnight stays.....Spook or William???