Be aware and don’t do dumb like me

kaizen leader

My brother and I went to clear the ATV trails to where I wanted to put up a ladder stand. It took 2.5 hours and a lot of work due to all the lay downs. So I pick a great tree with perfect view and high up. We put the stand together and pushed it up against the tree. I strapped the ladder and climbed up. Then I reached around the tree and strapped the top. Just as I finished I notice this vine in my face and then a couple more. Then I saw they had three leaves. ☠️😱, poison Ivey. Too late now. I cut it off and came down. I had gloves and coveralls on but my wrists definitely touched them while reaching around the tree. I scrubbed my wrists with some special stuff when I got home and this morning I'm starting to pop out a rash on my wrists. Look before you set up. I'd forget my head if it wasn't connected. 👎🥴

Tnshooter15

Kinda odd I have to use free and clear laundry detergent, only one kind of deodorant and soap or a break out in a burning rash but I can roll around in poison ivy and it doesn't bother me

Bone Collector

My brother and I went to clear the ATV trails to where I wanted to put up a ladder stand. It took 2.5 hours and a lot of work due to all the lay downs. So I pick a great tree with perfect view and high up. We put the stand together and pushed it up against the tree. I strapped the ladder and climbed up. Then I reached around the tree and strapped the top. Just as I finished I notice this vine in my face and then a couple more. Then I saw they had three leaves. ☠️😱, poison Ivey. Too late now. I cut it off and came down. I had gloves and coveralls on but my wrists definitely touched them while reaching around the tree. I scrubbed my wrists with some special stuff when I got home and this morning I'm starting to pop out a rash on my wrists. Look before you set up. I'd forget my head if it wasn't connected. 👎🥴
man that sucks. I am so grateful that I am not allergic to that stuff. I've only had it once. I wiped with it when I was about 10 years old... I don't think it matters if you aren't allergic if you do that. 😂

BSK

I'm so lucky. I'm almost completely immune to it. Only time I get the itchy bumps is if it gets in a cut, like a blackberry scratch. But then I was heavily exposed to Poison Oak out west as a kid. Much more potent. Must have helped me build up my immunity.

OldFart

I've suffered from Poison Ivy several times in W TN. But in California my whole family was exposed to smoke from poison oak. Talk about four miserable people!

killingtime 41

I got it all over probably 15 years ago metal detecting down the road. Digging them up and pulling them up. When you get it on your bag and above that. You'll never forget what poison ivy looks like I promise.

Latest posts