Be aware and don’t do dumb like me

BSK

I've suffered from Poison Ivy several times in W TN. But in California my whole family was exposed to smoke from poison oak. Talk about four miserable people!
When I was living in California as a kid, my grandfather came to visit. To keep himself busy he burned some brush, which happened to include some poison oak. Inhaling the smoke caused him to get the rash inside his lungs. Darn near killed him.

megalomaniac

That's good information in that video.

Unfortunately, every time I got it, I didn't know I was exposed until the rash appeared.
You can still scrub the oil off after the rash starts, and it will shorten the course of the rash by several days.

I usually get a couple spots between my fingers or back of forearms from doing an inadequate job washing after I come in from the field, but have learned there is a big difference if you rehash even after the rash just starts

SALTMAN

note to you guys that are immune , you can wear out your immunity . Don't take it for granted . I played with it as I was growing up just to show everyone it didn't bother me . Somewhere in my thirties that all ran out .I get it pretty easy and pretty bad now . My lab charges through the woods chasing anything that moves . I have caught it from off his fur .

BSK

note to you guys that are immune , you can wear out your immunity . Don't take it for granted . I played with it as I was growing up just to show everyone it didn't bother me . Somewhere in my thirties that all ran out .I get it pretty easy and pretty bad now . My lab charges through the woods chasing anything that moves . I have caught it from off his fur .
I have heard this. I guess I'll just thank my lucky stars while I'm still immune.

DeerCamp

My brother and I went to clear the ATV trails to where I wanted to put up a ladder stand. It took 2.5 hours and a lot of work due to all the lay downs. So I pick a great tree with perfect view and high up. We put the stand together and pushed it up against the tree. I strapped the ladder and climbed up. Then I reached around the tree and strapped the top. Just as I finished I notice this vine in my face and then a couple more. Then I saw they had three leaves. ☠️😱, poison Ivey. Too late now. I cut it off and came down. I had gloves and coveralls on but my wrists definitely touched them while reaching around the tree. I scrubbed my wrists with some special stuff when I got home and this morning I'm starting to pop out a rash on my wrists. Look before you set up. I'd forget my head if it wasn't connected. 👎🥴
I am apparently immune to poison ivy. Never once been affected by it. I once accidentally took a nap in it during an all day hunt from the ground.

Crazy how it varies from person to person.

Latest posts