Looks Like Canned Spann

Headhunter

landman said:
There has been some questioning about the "Kansas Thing" as its
called on this post, BSK said it right he knew the laws

It all started with a LIE, the landowner knew the buck was on and off his tract, but he wasn't a hunter, thats why he took $5,000, bet none of you on here would have knowing the deer was there.
Once Spook killed it the landowner asked him if he seen it, Spook replied they didn't kill the buck. Afterwards a family member seen the tape and told him, by then Spook owned the farm, the landowner had wondered why Spook priced it so high.

In court this time more LIES, statements that the corn they were
buying was for cattle, a pet duck & goose.....

Its been described as "makes me sick to hear anymore of it"

I wonder what he may tell other in mates his name is on those
overnight stays.....Spook or William???

From what I heard, his cameraman got jealous or upset about not getting any fame from the buck kill in Kansas. If Spook knew he broke the law then the punishment was not severe enough, and with his experience I would have to guess he knew what was right and wrong. I always wondered what happened. Doesn't matter as much about that, he was found guilty and punished, what bothers me even more is evidently he feels he is above being punished, arrogance in my opinion. Granted I only know what I have read and heard through the rumor mill. Anyone can make a mistake or break a law (I don't know the Kansas game laws but they do seem complicated like the Tennessee game laws can be and I could see someone making a mistake and there are generally many times every year, hunting and fishing, people will tell me something and they are unknowingly doing something that could be or is against game laws, sometimes that is after reading the published hunting and fishing guides) once you know and understand what is right that should not happen again. Especially if you get caught and punished and that punishment includes a NO HUNTING period, then don't go hunting. Evidently Spook felt he was above the law, that bothers me as much if not more than breaking the law.

BSK

I don't think the particular law Spook broke in Kansas was that complicated. He had a land-OWNER tag. A land-OWNER tag is only good on land you personally OWN. How complicated is that?

Mossy Oak

Did anyone else see the post on his Facebook page from his wife? The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

landman

Mossy Oak said:
Did anyone else see the post on his Facebook page from his wife? The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

Man I read that after you pointed it out, did you also read al the posts? Most are for him but a few get on him, and most clear don't know what they are talking about for reading it.

BSK

Mossy Oak said:
The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

When you gleefully call your "fans" and followers "Spook Nation," what about that is NOT cult-like?

taximan

Just calling your fans "spook nation" is a red flag to me about an inflated ego and cult like following. i have no doubt he knew game laws and broke them willingly...i have read the fb comments and it baffles me....wouldnt hurt my feelings if he never hunted again...thanks to him hunters are not only poor dumb redneck killers in peoples eyes...now we are cheaters

Headhunter

BSK said:
I don't think the particular law Spook broke in Kansas was that complicated. He had a land-OWNER tag. A land-OWNER tag is only good on land you personally OWN. How complicated is that?

Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

BSK

Headhunter said:
Not picking, but BSK you said "I don't think ..." That is the only question I have in that I don't know what really happened, but I am leaning more toward there is no doubt he knew what he was doing and after hearing stories (they could be just that but if they are half true) he is not getting even close to the punishment he deserves. I don't want to run him in the ground because I don't know what the facts are but it does not look good. The people that I know personally that know Spook and know him well, all say he is a great person.

I don't consider it picking at all Headhunter. You're asking good question and making valid points. I only know the court document ("official") side of the story.

And yes, personally, Spook is a great guy. He's been to my house. That doesn't mean I approve of what he's been doing in the hunting industry though, nor his whole narcissistic and creepy cult-following thing.

Shed Hunter

BSK said:
Headhunter said:

I don't consider it picking at all Headhunter. You're asking good question and making valid points. I only know the court document ("official") side of the story.

And yes, personally, Spook is a great guy. He's been to my house. That doesn't mean I approve of what he's been doing in the hunting industry though, nor his whole narcissistic and creepy cult-following thing.

Great people do bad things.. I've never met Spook, but I'd love to. I hope the best for him and his family. He made a big mistake, but we all have. I bet many of the people bashing Spann (not referring to anyone on here) have also hunted illegally.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I believe if one were to read the 29-page court document from the latest finding, one would have no doubt as to Spooks guilt or intent or whether he got off light.

Nealmeally

BSK said:
Mossy Oak said:
The comments are borderline creepy. It's almost like they are part of a cult.

When you gleefully call your "fans" and followers "Spook Nation," what about that is NOT cult-like?

Yep, the Facebook posts he puts on there are silly and creepy. He is a weird guy for sure. And I agree BSK, when I first saw the name of the tv show "Spook Nation" I thought this guy has lost it. Very arrogant in my opinion. He is always braggin about something on Facebook.

"Spook Nation", really?? Who does he think he is? How cocky can you get over a deer that wasn't even killed legally? That deer started it all, he got cocky and greedy..now look where he's at. His deer is gone and he's headed to the big house..

tickweed

BSK said:
Headhunter said:

Agreed. Very well said. The truth is , very few can cast a stone, if any. The guy has a family as well. He did wrong, made some mistakes. None of us where there. He will be paying the price.

arkwaterfowler

Unfortunately he will be judged on these acts and not any good he has done. I guess it would be much worse if he spotlighted the big deer. He broke the law but did not use unethical means IMO. The turkey baiting is different.

I got a ticket in Arkansas for over the limit which was accidental. I for one can say you better bring an attorney with you if a game warden decides he wants to give you a ticket. Game laws can be complicated and almost impossible to comply with. Take the Lacey Act. I can legally kill 360 ducks a year but I cannot have more than 18 in my freezer.

bowriter

R.I.P.
Shame when you go out and solicit all those testimonials then plead guilty. Of course, by doing so, as part of the plea agreement, two other felonies were dismissed. They would have cost him five years in the pen and an additional $270,000 in fines. Taht is mentioned in the 29-page court ruling just handed down. You see, there is far more to this than a couple honest mistakes. I suppose his Canadian ticket for attempting to shoot a wolf from an aircraft was a mistake as well.

Vermin93

All he had to do was keep his camo and turkey calls in the closet for 6 months from 2/28 - 8/28 and then he could legally get back in the saddle of his professional hunting/TV career. Instead, he couldn't even make it 2 months without hunting, including illegally baiting turkeys. How ironic that the great hunter Spook Spann reportedly got caught slinging corn to help put his celebrity clients on spring gobblers.

Speaking of the Spook Nation cult following, I think I found a few members on YouTube...

Spook Spann and Spook Nation

buckbstr_1

Vermin that is a great video! I wonder if he gave that rendition to the judge. What a pumped up, egotistical dude. Big Bub should have fun with him. Maybe for Thanksgiving he will get something to gobble on! Or maybe just some stuffing prison style!

Latest posts