Cell cams ?

MUP

I've never used one, so how do they work? Do you somehow add them to your existing cell phone network/plan, or are they a stand alone plan of some sort? TIA guys, thinking about getting one to see real time pics around my house.

backyardtndeer

They have their own plans that didn't need your phone carrier, very reasonable on most of them. Less than $10 a month. I used a stealthcam cell cam the past two seasons, I suspended the account in January and will probably restart it in October.

Andy S.

^^^ What he said. Do you have smartphone to load an app on? If so, you are set. Think of a cellular camera as a completely separate cell phone. It's a "cell phone" (not really) that takes a photo in the woods, connects to cellular tower and texts/sends the photo(s) to the app on your primary smartphone that you use every day for voice/text/data for your viewing on the app that you installed on it.

Last edited:

Carlos

They're addicting, let me warn you.
Also- they're absolutely awesome when they work properly, but sooner or later they'll be some bumps in the road and you'll have some trouble.

In other words, they spoil us, and when they don't work 100% correctly- some guys whine and complain. I ran 2 of them over the last couple seasons, there's nothing better… when they work right, haha. When they don't, it's a pita but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal.

TRHC

Each cam has its own camera-provided plan, but You can also add them to your cell plan if it's cheaper than the camera-offered plan.

TNTreeman

Hey MUP I'm with you on this adventure. I'm going to get some rolling pretty soon. I've been looking at Tactacam cell cams. They seem to look simple ( prob not for me) and have good reviews .

Latest posts