Fort Campbell 2017

lightsareout

@fulldraw":1s70nwi7 said:
I've been away for awhile but I haven't heard anything. Tried calling the office a couple times in the last week. Never got an answer.

I need to stop in and get registered and get my ML registered; we are moving up to Clarksville this month.

BULL MOOSE

The process to "register" your ml is assinine. You have to physically drive to the military post entrance office and write the serial # and make on a piece of paper. They don't even look at the guns. DO NOT take your guns with you or you are committing a felony.

lightsareout

BULL MOOSE":1b66v6yy said:
The process to "register" your ml is assinine. You have to physically drive to the military post entrance office and write the serial # and make on a piece of paper. They don't even look at the guns. DO NOT take your guns with you or you are committing a felony.

Thanks for the info! So once its registered to they check it when entering the base to hunt?

BULL MOOSE

lightsareout":2cwqlg6z said:
BULL MOOSE":2cwqlg6z said:

Thanks for the info! So once its registered to they check it when entering the base to hunt?

NO, but if you are checked they would need to see the piece of paper that matched the guns is what I understand.

I forgot to add that you must have a copy of your drivers license and I think maybe they do a background check. After that, all the hunting areas are not on the interior main base through the main gate… It is the hundred thousand acres elsewhere.

I would also add that it seems almost impossible to get a good area there during the first three weeks of November. I hunted a couple of areas that I would not have selected by driving around on my own. I think one of those areas was like 31… It was nothing but a 5 x 5 mile wide stand of pines with no openings and very few deer even taken in it annually.

I wish that somebody could take all of the kill data with area and date and put it in a spreadsheet and make it available for hunters with a license.

BULL MOOSE

Roost 1":zyb02hxc said:
Some very good deer come out of 31 every year. You must be confused on the area. 31 is a mix of pine, hardwoods, crop
Fields, and over-grown fields. What more could a deer want??

I looked at my map...it was area 22. Another area I got was 49. I was not happy with either.

mattmillard510

Where can I read up on FT Campbell regulations? I'm from East Tennessee and thinking of going down there a few times this year.

Is it possible to do any "scouting" to get familiar with some of the areas prior to season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solocam

mattmillard510":2mo961d8 said:
Where can I read up on FT Campbell regulations? I'm from East Tennessee and thinking of going down there a few times this year.

Is it possible to do any "scouting" to get familiar with some of the areas prior to season?

people that hunt the fort don't like people from East Tennessee coming and hunting their deer so you probably won't get much out of them

Mr.Bro

mattmillaed510..... Theres always squirrel season coming up. Also areas are sometime open for hiking. So yes there are times when you can get out and scout. Regulations, in years past , have never been available until a few days before the season opens. Maybe the new system will help this situation.

Solocam... Many good people on this thread. Most are willing to help newcomers. More than once I have offered to meet newbies and show them around. The camp and its regulations are sometime confusing to new guys.

Another thing. Don't pay any attention to rumors.

whiskey

Solocam":3p90ig8x said:
mattmillard510":3p90ig8x said:

people that hunt the fort don't like people from East Tennessee coming and hunting their deer so you probably won't get much out of them

It's only people from Greene County that aren't welcome. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Solocam

whiskey":2ihgl10t said:
Solocam":2ihgl10t said:
mattmillard510":2ihgl10t said:

It's only people from Greene County that aren't welcome. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i know what you mean. I know the ones that gave Greene county a bad name at the fort. I hunted it for years when you could actually get a good area but we was not associated with the ones that did it illegal

Solocam

No need to put the names on here. They got caught and lost hunting privileges at the fort

Latest posts