Fort Campbell 2017

double browtine

https://goo.gl/photos/Y2PeN3BXxY4Apekr5

So here is a picture of a buck killed at Fort Campbell in 1967. The lucky hunter was Richard Jordan. He is a Korean War and Vietnam War veteran. When he got remarried about 20 years ago after his first wife passed away, his second wife didn't want it in the house. So he gave it to my dad, who also used to hunt at Fort Campbell back in the good old days. Richard killed this buck just a few days after returning from a tour in Vietnam in 1967. He has just bought his first wife a new car, and put this buck in trunk, or what would fit of it, and brought it to the check in. It has 13 pts, and is a little over 20 inches wide. I was over at my dad's shop the other day and took this pic of it and thought I would share it.

double browtine

AT Hiker":3azjhiuu said:
Dave, that is a very cool story. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was a neat story too. Next time I see him at an Austin Peay basketball game, I am going to ask him what area he was hunting if he can remember. I bet your grandad knows him, cause he sold cars for years at Jenkins and Wynne.

JDP

They plan on using something called isportsman. As far as i know you will buy your permit online and get your areas online. That's really all I know right now.

The Outdoor Recreation office is moving to the stables and will only be handling the cabin reservations, campgrounds, and the horse stables stuff.

JDP

Welcome to Fort Campbell's iSportsman Portal

Fort Campbell – Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor Recreation

1 March 2017 – 31 May 2017

Important Details Below:

STEP 1:

All patrons must purchase a permit through
MWR at Bldg. 6603 on 11th Airborne Division Road (Horse Stables)
0800-1200 (closed for lunch) 1230-1600, 7 days a week.

Permits are as follows:
Turkey Permit (to include coyote hunting and general recreation) - $35.00
Fishing Permit - $5.00
General Outdoor Recreation Permit (hiking, camping, birdwatching) - $5.00

STEP 2:

All MWR permit holders must create an account on the Fort Campbell iSportsman Portal by following instructions below:

Click on the "My Account" tab above.

Select "Register".

Fill out all registration information completely and click "Continue" at bottom of Registration Form.

STEP 3:

Once your account is setup in iSportsman, visit the Fish & Wildlife Program at Bldg. 6645 (previously MWR outdoor recreation) to have your account validated.

At time of validation you must bring your hunting, fishing, or general outdoor recreation permit issued by MWR.

STEP 4:

Once your account and status are validated, you will be need to obtain additional permits through iSportsman in order to checkin to areas.

These permits will be available at no additional cost.

Beginning 1 June 2017:
All permit sales will be completed through your iSportsman account. Fees currently applied to 1 March 2017 permits are temporary. Starting 1 June 2017, a final fee structure for hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation permits will go into affect. Fee structures for 1 June will be similar to past fee structures on Fort Campbell. Final fee structures will be posted on the Fort Campbell iSportsman Portal once finalized.

Thank you for your patience and understanding through the implementation of the iSportsman system.

Roost 1

JDP":3jdxu786 said:
Welcome to Fort Campbell's iSportsman Portal

Fort Campbell – Hunting, Fishing, and Outdoor Recreation

1 March 2017 – 31 May 2017

Important Details Below:

STEP 1:

All patrons must purchase a permit through
MWR at Bldg. 6603 on 11th Airborne Division Road (Horse Stables)
0800-1200 (closed for lunch) 1230-1600, 7 days a week.

Permits are as follows:
Turkey Permit (to include coyote hunting and general recreation) - $35.00
Fishing Permit - $5.00
General Outdoor Recreation Permit (hiking, camping, birdwatching) - $5.00

STEP 2:

All MWR permit holders must create an account on the Fort Campbell iSportsman Portal by following instructions below:

Click on the "My Account" tab above.

Select "Register".

Fill out all registration information completely and click "Continue" at bottom of Registration Form.

STEP 3:

Once your account is setup in iSportsman, visit the Fish & Wildlife Program at Bldg. 6645 (previously MWR outdoor recreation) to have your account validated.

At time of validation you must bring your hunting, fishing, or general outdoor recreation permit issued by MWR.

STEP 4:

Once your account and status are validated, you will be need to obtain additional permits through iSportsman in order to checkin to areas.

These permits will be available at no additional cost.

Beginning 1 June 2017:
All permit sales will be completed through your iSportsman account. Fees currently applied to 1 March 2017 permits are temporary. Starting 1 June 2017, a final fee structure for hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation permits will go into affect. Fee structures for 1 June will be similar to past fee structures on Fort Campbell. Final fee structures will be posted on the Fort Campbell iSportsman Portal once finalized.

Thank you for your patience and understanding through the implementation of the iSportsman system.

Thanks for keeping us informed...

Latest posts